A Body of Divinity: Wherein the Doctrines of the Christian Religion are Explained and Defended, Being the Substance of Several Lectures on the Assembly's Larger Catechism, 4. kötet
William W. Woodward, 1815
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able accordingly Acts affections agreeable answer apostle appear applied attended baptism baptized believers blessings bring brought called chap Christ Christian church Commandment committed concerning conclude consequently consider contained contrary covenant death desire divine duty encouragement endeavours engaged especially evidence exercise express faith Father forgiveness give given glory God's gospel grace guilt hand heart heaven holy hope infants instances instituted king least lives Lord Lord's supper manner matter means mentioned method mind nature necessary objection obliged observed occasion ordinance ourselves particular performed persons petition pleased pray prayer preached present promises providence Psal reason receive render respect sacraments salvation Saviour says scripture sense signified singing sins sometimes soul speaks Spirit suppose taken temptation thee therein thereof things thou thoughts tion truth understand unto whereby worship
22. oldal - But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give ; not grudgingly, or of necessity : for God loveth a cheerful giver.
84. oldal - And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice, for all the mighty works that they had seen; 38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord : Peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
161. oldal - His death and passion: and grant, that the grace of God, which bringeth salvation, may effectually teach and persuade me to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, and to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world...
128. oldal - Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not ; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes ; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert; and be healed.
402. oldal - Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. "They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; 15 to shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.
134. oldal - They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
345. oldal - And I will bring the third part through the fire, And will refine them as silver is refined, And will try them as gold is tried: They shall call on my name, and I will hear them : I will say, It is my people: And they shall say, The Lord is my God.
346. oldal - Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my Spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
347. oldal - God: and I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: and I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good ; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.