Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abuse according action activity adapted advantage afford animal appears arrangement attained attended become Benevolence body brain called cause combination communicated condition conduct consequence consider constitution continue creation Creator death desire direct discover divine duty effects enjoy enjoyment evil example exercise existence external fact faculties feelings give given gratification happiness harmony higher human ignorance importance improvement increase individual influence infringement instance instincts institutions interests knowledge labor live lower means ment mental mind moral and intellectual moral sentiments natural laws necessary neglect never obedience obey objects observed operation organic laws pain parents particular perceive persons philosophy Phrenology physical physical laws pleasure possess powers practical present principles produce propensities punishment qualities race reason regard relations render result says ship society suffering things tion true whole
367. oldal - I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man : but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
367. oldal - For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing : for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
364. oldal - For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. 45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good...
365. oldal - I say unto you that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons which need no repentance.
360. oldal - And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true; and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. For these things were done, that the Scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
160. oldal - Such is the common process of marriage. A youth and maiden meeting by chance, or brought together by artifice, exchange glances, reciprocate civilities, go home and dream of one another. Having little to divert attention, or diversify thought, they find themselves uneasy when they are apart, and therefore conclude that they shall be happy together. They marry, and discover what nothing but voluntary blindness before had concealed : they wear out life in altercations, and charge nature with cruelty.
365. oldal - And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
361. oldal - Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.