Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
agen Agnes Agostino ain't animals army ATLANTIC MONTHLY beautiful body called character child Church Crustacea Cuvier dark earth Echinoderms England eral eyes face Faith father fear feel feet fire France friends give Halicarnassus hand head heard heart Holmes holy human hundred Italy Jaalam Knowles labor land Landscape Art light living look Lord ment mind Mollusks morning mother NATHANIEL HAWTHORNE nation Nature ness never night noble once passed Polyps poor Richelieu Ringdove Rome saltpetre seemed Shelldrake side Slave Power slavery slaves snow Sorrento soul Spain spirit stand stood strong structure sure tell thet thing thought tion to-day Todtnau took true truth ture turned Vertebrates voice Wade walk whole wild words young Zagonyi
43. oldal - I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever; that considering numbers, nature and natural means only, a revolution of the wheel of fortune, an exchange of situation, is among possible events ; that it may become probable by supernatural interference ! The Almighty has no attribute which can take sides with us in such a contest.
41. oldal - He has waged cruel war against human nature itself, violating its most sacred rights of life and liberty in the persons of a distant people who never offended him, captivating and carrying them into slavery in another hemisphere, or to incur miserable death in their transportation thither. This piratical warfare, the opprobrium of INFIDEL powers, is the warfare of the CHRISTIAN king of Great Britain.
159. oldal - MINE eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord : He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored ; He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword : • His truth is marching on.
523. oldal - The glorious company of the Apostles, The goodly fellowship of the Prophets, The noble army of Martyrs praise thee.
159. oldal - He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat: He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat; Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him; be jubilant, my feet! Our God is marching on.
43. oldal - That after the year 1800 of the Christian era, there shall be neither slavery nor involuntary servitude in any of the said States, otherwise than in punishment of crimes, whereof the party shall have been duly convicted to have been personally guilty.
41. oldal - CHRISTIAN king of Great Britain. Determined to keep open a market where MEN should be bought and sold, he has prostituted his negative for suppressing every legislative attempt to prohibit or to restrain this execrable commerce. And that this assemblage of horrors might want no fact of distinguished...
259. oldal - All the images of nature were still present to him, and he drew them not laboriously, but luckily. When he describes anything, you more than see it, you feel it too. Those who accuse him to have wanted learning give him the greater commendation. He was naturally learned. He needed not the spectacles of books to read nature. He looked inwards, and found her there.
528. oldal - I thank God, there are no free schools nor printing, and I hope we shall not have these hundred years; for learning has brought disobedience, and heresy, and sects into the world, and printing has divulged them, and libels against the best government. God keep us from both!