Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
actions appear become believe better blessed boards called cause character charity Christ Christian common considered creatures crimes danger death difficult duty earth enjoy eternal evil exercise existence eyes fear feelings fellow give gospel greater greatest habit hand happiness hear heart Heaven human ignorance imagination importance innocence judge judgment justice kind knowledge less light lives look mankind manner means meekness mind misery moral nature never notion object observe opinion ourselves pain parents passions period pleasure poor practical present principle produce reason religion religious remember repentance respect rest rich righteousness Sabbath Saviour sense SERMON society sorrow soul speak spirit suffer sure teach thing thou thought tion true truth turn vice virtue wisdom wise worship young youth
91. oldal - Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? As long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast. 20 But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.
246. oldal - Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head. Thou gavest me no kiss; but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth...
284. oldal - And the Publican, standing afar off, would not so much as lift up his eyes to heaven, but struck his breast, saying, O God, be merciful to me a sinner.
417. oldal - But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests? But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.
421. oldal - As also the high priest doth bear me witness, and all the estate of the elders: from whom also I received letters unto the brethren, and went to Damascus, to bring them which were there bound unto Jerusalem, for to be punished.
245. oldal - And behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, and stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
175. oldal - Henceforth ye shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power and coming on the clouds of heaven.
322. oldal - He bowed the heavens also, and came down : and darkness was under His feet. And He rode upon a cherub, and did fly : yea, He did fly upon the wings of the wind. He made darkness His secret place ; His pavilion round about Him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
324. oldal - Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths : but I say unto you, Swear not at all : neither by heaven ; for it is God's throne : nor by the earth ; for it is his footstool...
419. oldal - I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.