Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according apostles appear asked authority baptism baptized believe bishop blessed body called canonical Catholic cause Christ Christian church command committed common concerning Conf confession contained Council Council of Trent custom danger death deny divine doctrine earth effect external faith Father give given grace hand head hence heresy heretics Holy honour images inference infidels Jesus John kind living Lord marks mass matter means merit mortal Mother nature necessary necessity never object obliged observed offered opinion Paul penance performed person Peter Pope practice prayer present priest proper Protestant proved punishment question reason received respect Roman Romish rule sacrament Sacred Scripture Saints salvation Scripture sense sins soul speak Spirit sufficient taken teaches things thou tion tradition true truth unless Virgin virtue whole worship
173. oldal - That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ...
70. oldal - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law : for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
73. oldal - Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword ? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long ; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
95. oldal - I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
185. oldal - Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; but for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
223. oldal - But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, "Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them ; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: and whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
243. oldal - See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
40. oldal - Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour and do all thy work ; but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God ; in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor the stranger that is within thy gates...
70. oldal - For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory ; but not before GOD. For what saith the scripture ? Abraham believed GOD, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.