Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abundance admirably ancient animalcules animals antimony appear atmosphere basalt beautiful beds birds body bottom called caverns coal coast colour comet considerable considered copper Cornwall cotyledons covered creation creatures curious Derbyshire discovered discovery distance distinguished ductile earth East Lothian Edinburgh extended feet felspar fish flowers formations former globe gold granite heavens human inhabitants insects iron island kind known labour Lammermuir hills less lichens light limestone manner mass mentioned metals miles mineral mines modern moon motion mountains Nature's neighbourhood observed ocean petrifactions plants porphyry present prodigious purpose quadrupeds quantity regions remarkable rendered rise rocks salt sand sandstone Scotland seen shells shore shrubs Siberia singular situations soil species specimens spot stars stone strata substances surface thing tion trees tribes valuable variety various vegetable veins vessels volcanoes wisdom wonderful zinc
8. oldal - But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; And the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee: Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee; And the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
130. oldal - Nestling repair, and to the Thicket some; Some to the rude Protection of the Thorn Commit their feeble Offspring. The cleft Tree Offers its kind Concealment to a Few, Their Food its Insects, and its Moss their Nests. Others apart far in the grassy Dale, Or roughening Waste, their humble Texture weave.
301. oldal - How can it enter into the thoughts of man, that the soul, which is capable of such immense perfections, and of receiving new improvements, to all eternity, shall fall away into nothing, almost as soon as it is created...
8. oldal - Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin; and yet I say unto you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
6. oldal - And he spake of trees, from the cedar tree that is in Lebanon even unto the hyssop that springeth out of the wall: he spake also of beasts, and of fowl, and of creeping things, and of fishes.
30. oldal - Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not : eyes have they, but they see not...
11. oldal - Whichever way I turned, nothing appeared but danger and difficulty. I saw myself in the midst of a vast wilderness, in the depth of the rainy season; naked and alone; surrounded by savage animals, and men still more savage.
19. oldal - Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? And one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
129. oldal - To view the structure of that little work A bird's nest. Mark it well, within, without ; No tool had he that wrought ; no knife to cut ; No nail to fix ; no bodkin to insert ; No glue to join ; his little beak was all ; And yet, how neatly finished ! What nice hand, With every implement and means of art, And twenty years...
258. oldal - O'er the dark trees a yellower verdure shed, And tip with silver every mountain's head ; Then shine the vales, the rocks in prospect rise, A flood of glory bursts from all the skies : The conscious swains, rejoicing in the sight, Eye the blue vault, and bless the useful light.