Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
already appears attention authority believe Bishop body called Catholic cause chapel character child Christ Christian Church clergy considered continued course divine doctrine duty effect England English expressed fact faith feel friends give given ground hand head holy hope important instruction interest king land late learned least letter living London look Lord Mary matter means meeting mind ministers nature never object observed once opinion original parish party passed persons poor practice present principles Quakers question readers reason received reference regard religion religious respect seems sense Society speak spirit success sure teaching things thought tion true truth whole wish writing young
430. oldal - O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance : and think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father : for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
45. oldal - Like a tale of little meaning tho' the words are strong ; Chanted from an ill-used race of men that cleave the soil, Sow the seed, and reap the harvest with enduring toil, Storing yearly little dues of wheat, and wine and oil ; Till they perish and they suffer — some, 'tis whisper'd — down in hell Suffer endless anguish, others in Elysian valleys dwell, Resting weary limbs at last on beds of asphodel.
45. oldal - Thro' every hollow cave and alley lone Round and round the spicy downs the yellow Lotos-dust is blown. We have had enough of action, and of motion we, Roll'd to starboard, roll'd to larboard, when the surge was seething free, Where the wallowing monster spouted his foam-fountains in the sea. Let us swear an oath, and keep it with an equal mind, In the hollow Lotos-land to live and lie reclined On the hills like Gods together, careless of mankind.
284. oldal - So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God; And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.
428. oldal - Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
48. oldal - I travelled among unknown men, In lands beyond the sea; Nor, England! did I know till then What love I bore to thee. 'Tis past, that melancholy dream! Nor will I quit thy shore A second time; for still I seem To love thee more and more.
336. oldal - Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth...
429. oldal - And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the laud of Israel. 22 But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither : notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee : 23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
592. oldal - She was dead. Dear, gentle, patient, noble Nell, was dead. Her little bird — a poor slight thing the pressure of a finger would have crushed — was stirring nimbly in its cage ; and the strong heart of its child-mistress was mute and motionless forever.
429. oldal - Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.