according aforesaid allowance amount appear apply appointed arms army authority baggage Bank belonging called cause charge claim commanding commission Commissioners committed committee Company conviction corps Council Court Crown death deceased deemed deposited direct discharge duty effects enacted England enlisted entitled exceeding exercise follows force foreign Fund give given granted half-pay hands House Ibid India Ireland issued justice laid liable Lord Majesty Majesty's manner matter means ment mentioned military Militia months necessary notice offence officer Order in Council otherwise paid Parliament payment penalty pension period person present Principal proceedings provisions punishable railway reason receive referred regiment regulations relating reserve respect Royal rules Secretary serve ship soldier taken term therein thereof tion transfer Treasury troops United Kingdom Vict Volunteer warrant
157. oldal - Issue, and give this Act and the special Matter in Evidence, at any Trial to be had thereupon ; and no Plaintiff shall recover in any such Action if Tender of sufficient Amends shall have been made before such Action brought, or if a sufficient Sum of Money shall have been paid into Court after such Action, by or on behalf of the Defendant...
154. oldal - ... fide taken or received by transfer or delivery, by some person or body corporate, for a just and valuable consideration, without any notice or without any reasonable cause to suspect that the same had by any felony or misdemeanor been stolen, taken, obtained, extorted, embezzled, converted, or disposed of...
92. oldal - And it is our further will that, so far as may be, our subjects, of whatever race or creed, be freely and impartially admitted to offices in our service, the duties of which they may be qualified by their education, ability, and integrity duly to discharge.
157. oldal - Majesty's superior Courts of Record ; and no Warrant of Commitment shall be held void by reason of any Defect therein, provided it be therein alleged that the Party has been convicted, and there be a good and valid Conviction to sustain the same.
98. oldal - If the applicant fail to establish to the satisfaction of the Court that the ship was not and is not being built, commissioned, or equipped, or intended to be despatched contrary to this Act, then the ship shall be detained till released by order of the Secretary of State or chief executive authority.
156. oldal - ... sessions shall hear and determine the matter of the appeal, and shall make such order therein, with or without costs to either party, as to the court shall seem meet ; and in case of the dismissal of the appeal, or the affirmance of the conviction, shall order and adjudge the offender to be punished according to the conviction, and to pay such costs as shall be awarded, and shall, if necessary, issue process for enforcing such judgment.
186. oldal - ... commission or engagement in the military or naval service of any foreign State at war with any foreign , State at peace with Her Majesty...
44. oldal - ... and others commissioners of Chelsea Hospital, so far as relates to army or other pensions payable by such commissioners, and for the lord high admiral, or commissioners for executing the office of lord high admiral, with respect to naval and marine pensions or other allowance, immediately to take away the pension from the person so offending, or to suspend for any definite period the future payments thereof ; and if any person or persons shall procure or induce a pensioner to make or aid or assist...