Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Testimony of the Heathen to the Truths of Holy Writ
Thomas Street Millington
Korlátozott előnézet - 1863
The Testimony of the Heathen to the Truths of Holy Writ: A Commentary on the ...
Thomas Street Millington
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2014
according altar ancient appear bear beasts behold blood body born bring brought called carm carried cause commanded custom darkness dead death deity divine earth Egypt Egyptians epist evil eyes fall father fear fire friends give given gods gold golden Greeks ground hand hath head hear heart heaven Hist honour human Jove judge Jupiter kind king land light live look Lord manner mind mortal nature never night notes Odyss offered pass Persians person present priests punishment received rich rise river Romans sacred says sent soul speak spirit stand stone suffer supposed taken temple thee things thou took tree turn unto viii whole wind wine
113. oldal - ... and Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness : And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited : and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.
169. oldal - This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand, and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee ; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth : that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear : for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands.
46. oldal - And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him : for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
50. oldal - And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, so that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: and this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.
569. oldal - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom ; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
32. oldal - And the Lord said, Behold the people is one, and they have all one language ; and this they begin to do : and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
45. oldal - And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said. My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said. Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
23. oldal - And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
603. oldal - And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.