An Exposition of Part of the 24th and 25th Chapters of St Matthew: Together with the Signs of Christ's Coming with the Clouds of Heaven, that Is, the Glorious Appearing of the Great God and Our Saviour Jesus Christ
John Lindsay & Company, 1838 - 38 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
24th chapter Acts addressed angels answer apostles appear begin Behold believe blood body casting chapter of St Christ Christ's coming church clouds cometh commence Daniel darkened darkness dead death described destroyed destruction earth empire entered faith falling false Father fear fire flesh French Revolution give given glory gospel hath hear heart heaven Holy Spirit horn hour immediately Jerusalem Jesus judgment king kingdom lamps light likewise live look Lord Matthew mentioned moon Note observe opened Papacy Papal pass peace persecution pray preaching prophets question receive redemption represents Revelations Roman Rome saints say unto Scripture seen seven shaken signs sixth speaking Spirit spoken St John St Luke stand stars symbolical take place taken thee things thou tion took tribulation trouble Verily I say verse vial warning witness written ye know
1. oldal - And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven ? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so -come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
30. oldal - And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21 Then let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains...
22. oldal - For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea ; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass ; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
31. oldal - And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people : and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time : and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
26. oldal - And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem, shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
21. oldal - But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you : but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
17. oldal - But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now, if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
38. oldal - So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
17. oldal - Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit; for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.