Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Dr. John Henry Newman's Reply to Mr. Gladstone's Pamphlet (Classic Reprint)
John Henry Newman
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
Dr. John Henry Newman's Reply to Mr. Gladstone's Pamphlet
John Henry Newman
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
accept action actual allowed ancient answer Apostolic authority believe Bishops brought called Catholic centuries certainly character Christianity Church civil claim command condemned conscience consider Council course definition deny determine direct divine doctrine dogmatic duty ecclesiastical Encyclical England English error exercise fact faith Fathers follow force give given Gladstone Gladstone's hand hold Holy human infallibility instance interpretation judgment less letters liberty matter mean mind moral nature necessary never obedience obey object observe occasion once opinion Papal party political Pope Pope's prerogative present principle proposition Protestant question reason received refer relation religion religious remark Roman Rome rule Scripture seems sense society speaking suppose surely Syllabus teaching theologians things thought tion true truth universal various Vatican whole wish writing
8. oldal - Thus the Puritan was made up of two different men: the one all self-abasement, penitence, gratitude, passion; the other proud, calm, inflexible, sagacious. He prostrated himself in the dust before his Maker; but he set his foot on the neck of his king.
16. oldal - Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves : for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
56. oldal - Hitherto shalt thou come, and no further, and here shall thy proud waves be stayed," these irregular and prodigious vagaries seem to bespeak a decay, and forebode, perhaps, not a very distant dissolution.
83. oldal - Scripture is not yet understood, so, if it ever comes to be understood before the restitution of all things?- and without miraculous interpositions, it must be in the same way as natural knowledge is come at : by the continuance and progress of learning and of liberty, and by particular persons attending to, comparing, and pursuing intimations scattered up and down it, which are overlooked and disregarded by the generality of the world.
25. oldal - Being existed with whom a thousand years are as one day, and one day as a thousand years.
48. oldal - Christian religion, shall, by writing, printing, teaching, or advised speaking, deny the Christian religion to be true, or the holy scriptures to be of divine authority, he shall upon the first oftence be rendered incapable to hold any office or place of trust ; and for the second be rendered incapable of bringing any action, being guardian, executor, legatee, or purchaser of lands, and shall suffer three years
40. oldal - Conscience is not a long-sighted selfishness, nor a desire to be consistent with oneself; but it is a messenger from Him, who, both in nature and in grace, speaks to us behind a veil, and teaches and rules us by His representatives.