Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able administration admiral afterwards appeared appointed attention became become bishop BORN BORN A. D. British called carried Catholic cause character church circumstances command commons complete conduct considerable considered constitution continued course court death distinguished duke duty earl early effect enemy England English entered equal Erskine feel force formed French give given hand honour hope human immediately important India interests Ireland John justice late learned letter liberty living Lord manner March means measure ment mind ministers nature never object observed obtained occasion opinion parliament period person political possession present principles published question reason received remained respect returned ships situation society soon speech spirit success supported talents thing thought tion took whole
440. oldal - It is a happy world after all. The air, the earth, the water, teem with delighted existence. In a spring noon, or a summer evening, on whichever side I turn my eyes, myriads of happy beings crowd upon my view. " The insect youth are on the wing.
243. oldal - I have lived to it ; I could almost say, Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, for mine eyes have seen thy salvation. — I have lived to see a diffusion of knowledge, which has undermined superstition and error. — I have lived to see the rights of men better understood than ever ; and nations panting for liberty which seemed to have lost the idea of it. — I have lived to see Thirty Millions of People, indignant and resolute, spurning at slavery, and demanding liberty with an irresistible...
436. oldal - What reward ? St. Nicholas Within or St. Nicholas Without ! The curse of Swift is upon him to have been born an Irishman ; to have possessed a genius, and to have used his talents for the good of his country.
338. oldal - It is ordered by His Royal Highness the Prince Re-gent, in the name and on the behalf of His Majesty...
315. oldal - I shall then not scruple to declare him an accomplice in their guilt, a shameless oppressor, a disgrace to his rank, and a traitor to his trust. But as I should be very sorry that the fortune of my brave and honourable friend should depend either upon the exercise of Lord...
299. oldal - In speaking then of commodities, of their exchangeable value, and of the laws which regulate their relative prices, we mean always such commodities only as can be increased in quantity by the exertion of human industry, and on the production of which competition operates without restraint.
407. oldal - In the court where we are now met, Cromwell twice sent a satirist on his tyranny to be convicted and punished as a libeller ; and in this court, almost in sight of the scaffold streaming with the blood of his sovereign, within hearing of the clash of his bayonets which drove out...
310. oldal - ... also, his memory will for ever remain sacred in that country which he sincerely loved, and which he had so faithfully served. " It remains for me only to express my hope, that you will speedily be restored to the service of your country...
438. oldal - There is a lad here which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes ; but what are they among so many ? And Jesus said, Make the men sit down.
240. oldal - I do see the time is at hand, the spirit is gone forth, the declaration is planted; and though great men should apostatize, yet the cause will live; and though the public speaker should die, yet the immortal fire shall outlast the organ which conveyed it; and the breath of liberty, like the word of the holy man, will not die with the prophet, but survive him.