Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
LibraryThing ReviewFelhasználói ismertető - keylawk - LibraryThing
Pierre Bayle (1647-1706), French philosophe and reviewer. After moving to Rotterdam, he devoted himself to writing this biographical and historical "dictionary", a seminal work appearing in parts in ... Teljes értékelés elolvasása
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according actions affirm ancient answer appear arguments asked believe better body called cause Christian church common concerning confess consider contrary death deny desire devil distinct divine doctrine doubt evident exist extension faith false father favour fire gave give grounded hand heaven holy idea ignorant infinite Italy judge kind king knowledge laws learned less lived maintain manner matter means mentioned mind modifications nature never notions objections obliged observe opinion passion perfect persons philosophers pope pretended prince principle prove punished question reason relation religion respect Sadducees saints sense soul speak Spinoza spirit substance suppose things thought thousand tion told took true truth turn verses virtue wherein whole
189. oldal - God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise ; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty ; and base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are : that no flesh should glory in his presence.
190. oldal - Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God ; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth ; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
301. oldal - I am in a great strait : let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man.
192. oldal - If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.
189. oldal - But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption : that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
193. oldal - But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
189. oldal - Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit; for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
189. oldal - But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory...
190. oldal - For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.