Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able appear arms army asked Austrian banks believe better called carried cause close coming course cried Curate dear door doubt England eyes face fact feel followed force French gave give given Government half hand head hear heard heart Herat hope hour interest Italy kind King knew Lady land late least leave less light live look Lord Maitland matter mean ment mind Miss morning mother nature never night once passed perhaps play poor position present question reason round seemed seen sent ship side speak stand strong success sure taken talk tell thing thought tion told Tony took turned Wentworth whole young
454. oldal - But there is nothing in our laws, or in the law of nations, that forbids our citizens from sending armed vessels, as well as munitions of war, to foreign ports for sale. It is a commercial adventure which no nation is bound to prohibit, and which only exposes the persons engaged in it to the penalty of confiscation.
18. oldal - I had given him with his own hands, and giving it full-cock to a page, told him to go out and shoot a man in the outer court ; which was no sooner accomplished than the little urchin returned to announce his success, with a look of glee such as one would see in the face of a boy who had robbed a bird's nest, caught a trout, or done any other boyish trick. The king said to him, 'And did you do it well?
4. oldal - But I felt I ought to be content with what I had been spared to accomplish; for I had seen full half of the lake, and had information given me of the other half, by means of which I knew all about the lake, as far, at least, as the chief objects of geographical importance were concerned.
2. oldal - Though a mere private Briton, I triumphed here, in my own mind, over Kings and their armies...
11. oldal - A more theatrical sight I never saw. The king, a good-looking, well-figured, tall young man of twentyfive, was sitting on a red blanket spread upon a square platform of royal grass, encased in tiger-grass reeds, scrupulously well dressed in a new mbugu.
2. oldal - I no longer felt any doubt that the lake at my feet gave birth to that interesting river, the source of which has been the subject of so much speculation, and the object of so many explorers.
669. oldal - ... found. Brought up amidst Whigs, and used to hear Mr. Pitt abused with all the virulence of Whigs, I looked upon him as an enemy of all good government; and my father, though not a Whig, had always condemned his war with France as an iniquitous and pernicious measure.
11. oldal - I mule, but he pointing and remarking with those around him on the novelty of my guard and general appearance, and even requiring to see my hat lifted, the umbrella shut and opened, and the guards face about and show off their red cloaks — for such wonders had never been seen in Uganda. " Then, finding the day waning, he sent Maula on an embassy to ask me if I had seen him ; and on receiving my reply,
11. oldal - For a handkerchief he held a well-folded piece of bark, and a piece of gold-embroidered silk, which he constantly employed to hide his large mouth when laughing, or to wipe it after a drink of...