The Miscellaneous Works of the Rev. Matthew Henry: Containing in Addition to Those Heretofore Published, Numerous Sermons Now First Printed from the Original Mss. : an Appendix on what Christ is Made to Believers,in Forty Real Benefits,by Philip Henry... : Funeral Sermons for Mr. and Mrs. Henry, by the Rev. Matthew Henry : Funeral Sermons on Mr. Matthew Henry, by W. Tong, John Reynolds, and Dr. Williams, 2. kötet
Joseph Ogle Robinson, 1833 - 1419 oldal
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Acts apostles baptism baptized believe blessed called cerning children of men Christian church circumcision comfort commandment communion concerning covenant death debt desire Deut disciples divine divine grace doth duty earth eternal everlasting evil Ezek faith Father fear flesh friends give glorify glory God's gospel grace hand hath heart heaven Holy Ghost honour hope infant baptism Israel Jesus Christ John John iii John xiv John xvii judgment kingdom labour live look Lord Jesus Lord's Lord's supper Luke Matt mercy ministers never ordinance ourselves parents peace praise pray prayer preach promise prophets Prov reason receive redeemed rejoice religion repentance righteousness sabbath sacrament salvation Scripture servant shalt sinners sins sorrow soul speak Spirit sure thee things thou thought tion tism truth unto viii word worship xviii
773. oldal - And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the Word of His grace, Which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
905. oldal - And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
771. oldal - Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
770. oldal - I will hear what God the Lord will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints; but let them not turn again to folly.
954. oldal - Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him. But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
772. oldal - God; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised...
873. oldal - And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field.
926. oldal - And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, so that I come again to my father's house in peace ; then shall the Lord be my God : and this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house : and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.