Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acquired active adapted affections apostle appears arise attention bear become believe bring calculated called carry character Christian circumstances concerns conduct consider consideration consists contemplate continually course cultivate culture deep desire devoted directed discipline distinction Divine duties effort emotions enter eternal evidence exercise exert exhortation facts faith farther feel fixed follow give habit heart highest holiness hope important impressions influence inquiry interest kind knowledge leads light live look Lord manner means mental Messiah mind moral condition nature never objects observe occupied ourselves passing peace perceive perfections points present principles produce progress promised pursuits question received referred reflection regard regulation relation respecting responsibilities sacred says seek seen sense serious solemn soul sound Spirit step temptation tends things thoughts tion true truths various watch whole
170. oldal - For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh : — (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;) — Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; — And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
225. oldal - And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down : for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee : and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
212. oldal - And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know ; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every thing that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
126. oldal - Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? and who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
159. oldal - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
233. oldal - Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them; and saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan; for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
51. oldal - The hour is coming when all that are in their graves shall hear the voice of the Son of Man, and shall come forth ; they that have done good, to the resurrection of life ; and they that have done etil, to the resurrection of damnation.
317. oldal - My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips : When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.