Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
amusement Author become beginning better boots breaking CHARLES cloth comes course covert crowd Crown 8vo demy 8vo desires difficulties ditto doubt early ELIZABETH BARRETT BROWNING England English expected fact fall farmer Fcap feeling fence field five follow Forty Illustrations four Frontispiece GEORGE CRUIKSHANK give given ground hard hear heart History horse hour hunting parson ITALY Jorrocks jump keep known ladies land less look Lord lost master of hounds means meet nature never Novel ordinary Pall Mall perhaps pleasure Poems position possible post 8vo present pretty probably remember require ride to hounds road Second Edition seen side SKETCHES speak sport strong talk tell thing THOMAS turn unfortunate vols wish women wood young
8. oldal - The Inferno. A Literal Prose Translation, with the Text of the Original printed on the same page. By John A. Carlyle, MD 5*. — The Purgatorlo. A Literal Prose Translation, with the Text printed on the same page.
11. oldal - ... presents a text very materially altered and amended from beginning to end, with a large body of critical Notes almost entirely new, and a Glossary, in which the language of the poet, his allusions to customs, &c., are fully explained, "THE BEST TEXT OF SHAKESPEARE WHICH HAS YET APPEARED. Mr, Dyce's edition, is a great worh, worthy of his reputation, and for the present it contains the standard text."— TIMES.
7. oldal - CARLYLE— HISTORY OF FRIEDRICH THE SECOND, called FREDERICK THE GREAT. By THOMAS CARLYLE. With Portraits and Maps. Third Edition. Vols. I. and II., demy 8vo..
6. oldal - THE ILLUSTRATED LIBRARY EDITION, Beautifully printed in Post Octavo, and carefully revised by the Author. With the Original Illustrations.
13. oldal - OUTLINES OF THE HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. For the Use of the Junior Classes in Colleges, and the Higher Classes in Schools. By GEORGE L. CRAIK. Fourth Edition, revised and improved. Post 8vo., cloth. 2«.
20. oldal - Ridge — Health and Disease, their Laws, with PLAIN PRACTICAL PRESCRIPTIONS FOR THE PEOPLE. By BENJAMIN RIDGE, MD, FRCS Second Edition. Post 8vo, cloth. 12s. Robert Mornay. By MAX FERRER. Post 8vo, cloth. 9*.
2. oldal - We may here say that Mr. Molesworth has performed his task admirably. He has constructed his narrative with great judgment, and with a clear appreciation of what was necessary to record, and what might safely be omitted. His arrangement is perspicuous, and his style is both easy and forcible. Reformers will find in it a faithful account of their tremendous triumph, which, like the Bill, was not a victory, but a conquest; while Conservatives may read it without exasperation, and, possibly, with profit."...
13. oldal - Outlines of the History of the English Language. For the Use of the Junior Classes in Colleges, and the Higher Classes in Schools. Fourth Edition, revised and improved. Post 8vo, cloth, z».