able Acts animals Antioch apostle become believed better birds body brought called cause chief Christ church circle common continued covered earth employed English Epistle eyes force gave Gentiles give gold gospel green Greenland hand heard heart Hottentots hundred Italy Jerusalem Jesus Jews keep kind known labour land leaves less LESSON light live look Lord machine Master means missionaries mountains move natives never night once passed Paul persons Peter poor preached prison raised receive round saved seen sent sheet shillings side sometimes soon taken thee things thou thought took tree turn unto village visited wheel whole wood
253. oldal - His hair is crisp, and black, and long, His face is like the tan ; His brow is wet with honest sweat, He earns whate'er he can, And looks the whole world in the face, For he owes not any man.
40. oldal - For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed ; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
1. oldal - And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.
11. oldal - And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
29. oldal - But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus. 10 And this continued by the space of two years ; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.
307. oldal - Brightest and best of the sons of the morning, Dawn on our darkness and lend us thine aid ; Star of the east, the horizon adorning, Guide where our infant Redeemer is laid.
278. oldal - If music be the food of love, play on ; Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die. That strain again ! it had a dying fall : O ! it came o'er my ear like the sweet sound That breathes upon a bank of violets, Stealing and giving odour.
30. oldal - And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.