Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ADAM AND CHARLES Ambleside ancient antiquity ascent banks Bassenthwaite beautiful Beck Borrowdale Bowness Bridge Brougham Brougham Castle Buttermere called Castle chapel CHARLES BLACK Church cloth Cockermouth Coniston contains Crag crossed Crummock Crummock Water Cumberland dale Derwent Derwentwater distance Earl east EDINBURGH Edition eminence Engravings Ennerdale erected Esthwaite Water excursion feet foot four miles Grasmere Hall Hawes height Helvellyn hill Holm Hotel House Illustrations islands Isle Kendal Keswick Lake District Lancaster Langdale Langdale Pikes Loch London Loughrigg Fell Lowther Maps margin miles in length mountains neighbourhood park pass Patterdale Penrith picturesque Pooley Bridge Price Railway residence river road rock Rydal Scawfell Pikes scenery Scotland seat Seat Sandal seen sheets shore side Skiddaw stands Station Stirling stone stream Street summit Tarn Tartan three miles Tourists town Troutbeck Ulleswater Ulverston vale valley village Wastdale Water Westmorland Whitehaven Windermere wood Wordsworth
53. oldal - ROWLANDS' ODONTO; or, Pearl Dentifrice. A White Powder, compounded of the rarest and most fragrant exotics. It bestows on the teeth a Pearl-like Whiteness, frees them from Tartar, and imparts to the gums a healthy firmness, and to the breath a grateful sweetness and purity.
52. oldal - PELION and Ossa flourish side by side, Together in immortal books enrolled : His ancient dower Olympus hath not sold ; And that inspiring Hill, which ' did divide Into two ample horns his forehead wide,' Shines with poetic radiance as of old ; While not an English Mountain we behold By the celestial Muses glorified. Yet round our sea-girt shore they rise in crowds : What was the great Parnassus...
53. oldal - A most refreshing preparation for the complexion, dispelling the cloud of languor and relaxation, allaying all heat and irritability, and immediately affording the pleasing sensation attending restored elasticity and healthful state of the Skin. Freckles, Tan Spots, Pimples, Flushes, and Discoloration fly before its application, and give place to ,a healthy and clear complexion.
40. oldal - As may with sweetness, through mine ear. Dissolve me into ecstasies, And bring all heaven before mine eyes. And may at last my weary age Find out the peaceful hermitage, The hairy gown and mossy cell, Where I may sit and rightly spell Of every star that heaven doth show, And every herb that sips the dew; Till old experience do attain To something like prophetic strain.
18. oldal - FAREWELL, thou little Nook of mountain-ground, Thou rocky corner in the lowest stair Of that magnificent temple which doth bound One side of our whole vale with grandeur rare ; Sweet garden-orchard, eminently fair, The loveliest spot that man hath ever found, Farewell ! — we leave thee to Heaven's peaceful care, Thee, and the Cottage which thou dost surround.
50. oldal - This dog had been through three months' space A dweller in that savage place. Yes, proof was plain that since the day On which the traveller thus had died The dog had watched about the spot, Or by his master's side : How nourished here through such long time He knows, who gave that love sublime, And gave that strength of feeling, great Above all human estimate.
43. oldal - Thou know'st it well, — nor fen, nor sedge, Pollute the pure lake's crystal edge ; Abrupt and sheer, the mountains sink At once upon the level brink ; And just a trace of silver sand Marks where the water meets the land. Far in the mirror, bright and blue, Each hill's huge outline you may view ; Shaggy with heath, but lonely bare. Nor tree, nor bush, nor brake, is there, Save where of land yon slender line Bears thwart the lake the scattered pine.
55. oldal - Prepared and sold in boxes, Is, IJd., and Tins, 2s. 9d., 4s. 6il., and 10s. 6d. each, by THOMAS KEATING, Chemist. &c, 79, St. Paul's Churchyard, London. Retail by all Druggists and Patent Medicine Vendors in the world. NB— To prevent spurious imitations, please to observe that the words, " KEATING'S COUGH LOZENGES " are engraven on the Government Stamp of each box, without which none are genuine.
63. oldal - Healing qualities render the skin soft, pliable, and free from dryness, &c., clear it from every humour, pimple, or eruption ; and by continuing its use only a short time, the skin will become and continue soft and smooth, and the complexion perfectly clear and beautiful. • Sold in Bottles, price 2s.
32. oldal - There is a Yew-tree, pride of Lorton Vale, Which to this day stands single, in the midst Of its own darkness, as it stood of yore : Not loth to furnish weapons for the bands Of Umfraville or Percy ere they marched To Scotland's heaths ; or those that crossed the sea And drew their sounding bows at Azincour, Perhaps at earlier Crecy, or Poictiers. Of vast circumference and gloom profound This solitary Tree ! a living thing Produced too slowly ever to decay ; Of form and aspect too magnificent To be...