A DEFENSE OF THE BIBLE AGAINST THE CHARGES OF MODERN INFIDELITY: CONSISTING OF THE SPEECHES OF ELDER JONAS HARZEL, MADE DURING A DEBATE CONDUCTED BY HIM AND MR. JOSEPH BARKER, IN JULY, 1853.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Defense of the Bible Against the Charges Modern of Infidelity: Consisting ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
A Defense of the Bible Against the Charges of Modern Infidelity: Consisting ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
Abraham according answer Apostles argument authority Barker believe Bible blessed called cause character Christianity church claim commanded contain death discussion divine duties earth evidence existence facts faith father favor feel gave give given Gospel hand happiness Heaven honor human hundred infidel influence Jesus Christ Jewish Jews Joseph kind kingdom knowledge land letter light living Lord mankind matter means mind miracles moral Moses nature never objection offer origin perfect person poor present principles promise prophecy Prophets proposition prove question reason received refer regard relations religion respect revealed Roman rule Scriptures servant slavery slaves speak speeches supposed Testament testimony thee things thou thousand tion true truth unbelievers unto whole witnesses woman writings
289. oldal - Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness : for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
151. oldal - Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.
205. oldal - He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?
234. oldal - For the poor shall never cease out of the land : therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.
210. oldal - Likewise, .ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life ; that your prayers be not hindered.
122. oldal - Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
130. oldal - And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them : for I am the LORD their God.
153. oldal - Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter : and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.
263. oldal - Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren ; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit.
90. oldal - For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female : for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.