The Doctrine of Original Sin Defended: Evidences of Its Truth Produced, and Arguments to the Contrary Answered. Containing in Particular, a Reply to the Objections and Arguings of Dr. John Taylor, in His Book Intitled, "The Scripture Doctrine of Original Sin Proposed to Free and Candid Examination," &c
Isaiah Thomas, Jr., 1808 - 370 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Doctrine of Original Sin Defended, Evidences of Its Truth Produced, and ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according Adam Adam's ages agreeable apostle appears argument become beginning blessings body born brought called cause chap chapter choice Christ Christian comes concerning condemnation consequence considered constitution continued contrary corrupt curse death depravity destruction disposition divine doctrine earth effect eternal evidence evil example existence express father favor flesh follow fruit give given God's grace greater guilt heart heathen holy immediately implies infinitely innocent Jews judge justification kind live man's mankind manner matter means mind moral nature never notion objection observed Original particular pass perfect person plain posterity present principle propensity proper prove punishment reason regard represents respect righteousness ruin says scripture sense sentence shew signify sinful speaks spirit spoken sufficient suppose Taylor things thou threatening tion true truly truth understanding universal verse virtue whole wicked wickedness
38. oldal - For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
122. oldal - Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to GOD, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule, and all authority, and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
66. oldal - So I returned and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter.
124. oldal - I shall not die but live, and declare the works of the Lord. The Lord hath chastened me sore; but He hath not given me over unto death.
182. oldal - Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me; And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
218. oldal - In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation : in whom also, after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise...
200. oldal - Their throat is an open sepulchre ; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes.
197. oldal - And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat : for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
13. oldal - For as many as are of the works of the law, are under the curse : for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.