« ElőzőTovább »
ST. MARK, X
St. LUKE, XVII.
St. MATTHEW, XIX. Jesus had finished these sayioge be departed from Galilee.
Continued P. 109.
ST. JOHN, VII. unto him, depart hence, and go into Judea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.
4. For there is no man that doetha anything in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things shew thyself to the world.
5. For neither did his brethren believe in him.
6. Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come : but your time is alway ready.
7. The world cannot hate you : but me it hateth ; because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
8. Go ye up unto this feast : I go not up yet unto this feast : for my time is not yet full come.
9. When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.
10. | But when his brethren were gone up, then went be also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.
11. Then the Jews sought him at the feast, and said, Where is he!
12. And there was much murmur. ing among the people concerning him : for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay, but he deceiveth the people.
13. Howbeit no man spake openly of him for fear of the Jews.
14. Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
15. And the Jews marvelled, say. ing, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned ?
16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me,
17. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
18. He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory : but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no uprighteousness is in him.
19. Did pot Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?
20. The people answered, and said, Thou hast a devil : Who goeth about to kill thee?
21. Jesus answered, and said unto then, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.
$r. LUKE, XVII.
ST. JOHN, VII. 22. Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision ; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers ;) and ye on the sabbath day circum. cise a man.
23. If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken ; are ye angry at me, because I have
made a man every whit whole on M. XII. 10. the sabbath day?
24. Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
25. Then said one of them of Jerusalem, Is not this he whom they seek to kill :
26. But, lo! he speaketh boldly, and they say nothing unto him. Do the rulers know indeed that this is the very Christ?
27. Howbeit we know this man, whence he is : but when Christ cometh, no man knoweth whence he is.
28. Then cried Jesus in the temple, as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am : and I am not come of myself : but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.
29. But I know him ; for I am from him, and he hath sent me.
30. Then they sought to take him : but no man laid hands on him ; because his hour was not yet
31. And many of the people believed on him, and said, When Christ cometh, will be do more miracles than these which this man bath done?
32. | The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take him.
33. Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you ; and then I go unto him that sent me.
34. Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am thither yo cannot come.
35. Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will be go, that we shall not find bim? Will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles ?
36. What manner of saying is this that he said, Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me : and where I am, thither ye cannot come ?
37. In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood, and cried, saying, If any man thirst,
ST. MATTHEW, XIX.
St. MARK, X.
ST. LUKE, XVII.
ST. JOHN, VIII.
let him come unto me and drink.
38. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39. (But this spake he of the spirit, which they that believe on him should receive : for the Holy Ghost was not yet given: because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40. Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41. Others said, This is the Christ. But others said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42. Hath not the scripture said that Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
43. So there was a division among the people because of him.
44. And some of them would have taken him ; but no man laid hands
M. II, 1.
45. | Then came the officers to the chief priests and Pharisees; and they said unto them, Why have ye not brought him ?
46. The officers answered, Never man spake like this man.
47. Tben answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also deceived ?
48. Have any of the rulers, or of the Pharisees believed on him ?
49. But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed.
50. Nicodemus saith unto them, (he that came to Jesus by night, being one of them,)
51. Doth our law judge any man before it hear him, and know what he doeth ?
52. They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look : for out of Galileo ariseth no prophet.
53. And every man went unto his own house.
1. Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2. And early in the morning he came again into the temple : and all
the people came unto him : and he See note next page. sat down and taught them.
3. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery: and when they had set (her in the midst,
ST. LUKE, XVII.
ST. JOHN, VIII. 4. They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5. Now Moses in the law com. manded us that such should be stoned : but what sayest thou ?
6. This they said tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground : as tho' he heard them not.
7. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said
anto them, He that is without sin (Wanting in the best ancient among you, let him first cast a stone
8. And again he stooped down, -Ålford.)
and wrote on the ground.
9. And they which heard it, boing convinced by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last : and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10. When Jesus had lifted up him. self, and saw none bat the woman, he said unto her, Woman, whore are those thine accusers ? Hath no man condemned thee?
11. She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto hor, Neither do I condemn thee: Go; and sin no
12. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world : he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
13. The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself ; thy record is not true.
14. Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of my, self, yet my record is true : for I know whence I came, and whither I go. But
ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
15. Ye judge after the flesh. I judge no man.
16. And yet if I judge, my judg. ment is true : for I am not alone; but I and the Father that sent me.
17. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent mo beareth witness of me.
19. said they unto him, Where is thy Father ? Jobus
St. LUKE, XVII.
ST. JOHN, VIII. answered, Ye neither know me nor my Father : If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
20. These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple : and no man laid bands on bim ; for his hour was not yet come,
21. Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins : whither I go, ye cannot come ?
22. Then said the Jews, Will be kill himself ? Because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come ?
23. And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath : I am from above. Ye are of this world: I am not of this world.
24. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins : for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
25. Then said they unto him, ("' In every deed that same Who art thou? And Jesus said that I also speak unto you"- unto them, [Even the same tbat I Alford.)
said unto you from the beginning.]
26. I have many things to say, and to judge of you : but he that sent me is true ; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
27. They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
28. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he and that I do nothing of myself : but as my Father bath taught me, I speak these things. 29. And he that sent me is with
The Father bath not left me alone ;
for I do always those things that please him.
30. As he spake these words many believed on him.
31. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed :
32. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33. They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man : How sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34. Jesus answered them, Verily