« ElőzőTovább »
ST. JOHN, VIL
St. MATTHEW, XVII.
ST. MARK, IX.
ST. LUKE, IX., XVIL 16. And I brought him to thy and I spake to thy disciples that 40. And I besought thy disdisciples, and they could not they should cast him out; and ciples to cast him out; and cure him. they could not.
they could not. 17. Then Jesus answered and 19. He answereth him and 41. And Jesus answering, said, saith,
said, O, faithless and perverse genera. O, faithless generation, O, falthless and perverse generation,
tion, how long shall I be with you ? How long shall I be with you? How long shall I be with you ? How long shall I suffer you ? How long shall I suffer you ?
and suffer you ? Bring him hither to mo. Bring him unto me.
Bring thy son hither.
21. And he asked his father,
22. And oft times it hath cast
him into the fire, and into the
waters, to destroy him : but if
23. Jesus said unto him, If
24. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe, help thou mine unbelief.
25. When Jesus saw that the
people came ranning together,
26. And the spirit cried, and
rent him sore, and he departed out of him : and came out of him :
and healed the child ;
and he was as one dead : in 80
27. But Jesus took him by and delivered him again to his
43. And they were all
28. And when he was come Verse concluded P. 89. 19. Then came the disciples into the house his disciples asked to Jesus apart, and said, Why him privately, could not we cast him out ? Why could not we cast him out? Chap. XVII., from P. 96.
5. And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our
faith. 20. And Jesus said unto them, 29. And he said unto them, 6. And the Lord said, Because of your unbelief; for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of
If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto
mustard seed, ye might say this mountain, Remove hence to
unto this yonder place ; (1)
(Mk. XI. 23 P. 126.) sycamine tree, Be thou
plucked up by the root, and
(1) M. XXI. 21.
ST. JOHN, VII.
ST. MATTHEW, XVIII.
St. MARK, XI.
ST. LUKE, XVIL IX. and it shall remove : and nothing
and it should obey you. shall be impossible unto you.
Continued P. 96. 21. How be it this kind goeth this kind can come forth by not out but by prayer and fasting. nothing, but by prayer and fasting. Ch. IX. 43 continued from P. 88.
43. But while they wondered 30. And they departed thence, everyone at all things which Jesus 22. And while they abode in and passed through Galilee : and did, he said unto his disciples, Galilee,
he would not that any man should
44. Let these sayings sink down
31. For he taught his disciples, into your ears : Jesus said unto them, and said unto them,
for the Son of man shall be delivered The Son of man shall be betrayed The Son of man is delivered into into the hands of men. into the hands of men :
the hands of men ; (1) 23. And they shall kill him, and they shall kill him : and after and the third day he shall be that he is killed, he shall rise the raised again. (1)
this saying, and it was hid from
and they feared to
25. He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the and, being in the house, house, Jesus prevented him, say ing, What thinkest thou, Simon ? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom, or tribute ? Of their own children, or of strangers ?
26. Peter saith unto him, of strangers ? Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.
27. Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh ap: and when thou hast opened his mouth thou shalt find a piece of money : That take, and give unto them for me and thee.
be asked them, What was it that
1. At the same time came the 34. But they held their peace,
46. I Then there arose a reason. disciples onto Jesus, saying, Who for, by the way, they had dis- ing among them, which of them is the greatest in the kingdom of puted among themselves who should be greatest. heaven?
should be the greatest.
35. And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all. (2)
47. And Jesus, perceiving the
thought of their heart,
2. And Jesus called a little
(1 M. XVI, 21 ; XX, 18.
ST. JOHN, VII.
St. MATTHEW, XVIII.
St. MARK, IX.
St. LUKE, IX. XVII. child unto him, and set him in the midst of them ;
set him in the midst of them; by him ; 3. And said, Verily I say unto and when he had taken him in you, Except ye be converted, his arms he said unto them, 48. And said unto them, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the king. dom of heaven.
4. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5. And whoso shall receive 37. Whosoever shall receive Whosoever shall receive this one such little child in my name one of such children in my child in my name, receiveth me: receiveth me. name, receiveth me :
and whosoever shall receive me
all, the same shall be great.
and we forbad
with us. 39. But Jesus said,
50. And Jesus said unto him,
Forbid him not,
40. For be that is not against for he that is not against us is
Continued P. 117.
into the sea, than that he
ST. JOHN, VII.
ST. MATTHEW, XVIII.
St. MARK, IX.
ST. LUKE, XV. it is better for thee to enter it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather into life than
maimed, than having two hands, or two feet, having two hands to go into to be cast into everlasting fire. hell; into the fire that never
shall be quenched.
44. Where their worm dieth
45. And if thy foot offend
and the fire is not MŠS.-Alford.]
quenched :}+ 9. And if thine eye offend 47. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it thee, pluck it out: it is better from thee : it is better for thee for thee to enter into the king. to enter life (1)
dom of God with one eye, rather than with one eye, thao, having two having two eyes to be cast into eyes, to be cast into hell &re : bell fire.
48. Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
49. For every one shall be
50. Salt is good ; but if the
St. MATTHEW, XVIII. of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
14. Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven that one of these little ones should perisb.
Continued P. 96.
6. And when he cometh home, he calleth his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost.
7. I say unto you, That likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need norepentance.
8. | Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it ?
9. And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me ; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
10. Likewise I say unto you, There is joy in the presence of the angels of God, over one sinner that repenteth.
11. | And he said, A certain man had two sons :
12. And the younger said to his father, Father give me the portion of goods that falleth to
And he divided unto them his living
13. And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14. And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land : and he began to be in want.
15. And he went and joined himself to a citizen in that country; and he sent him into his field to feed swine.
16. And he would fain bave filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat : and no man gave unto him.
17. And when he came to him. self he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough, and to spare ; and I perish with hunger !
18. I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19. And am no more worthy to be called thy son : make me as one of thy hired servants.
20. And he arose and came to his father. But when he was a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion,