« ElőzőTovább »
St. MATTHEW, XIV.
St. MARK, VI.
ST. JOHN, VI.
St. LUKE, III.
Continued P. 74.
Chap. III. from P. 15.
Philip's wife: for he had married and for the evils Herod had
Continued P. 15.
and when he heard him, he did
21. And when a convenient 6. But when Herod's birthday day was come, that Herod on was kept,
his birthday, made a supper to
estates of Galilee;
and danced, and pleased Herod
and I will give it thee.
me, I will give it thee, unto the
went forth, and 8. And she, being before said unto her mother, What instructed of her mother, shall I ask? And she said, The
head of John the Baptist.
25. And she came in straight
way with haste unto the king, said, Give me here John Baptist's and asked, saying, I will that head in a charger.
thou give me by and by, in a
him, he would not reject her. he commanded it to be given her. 27. And immediately the king
sent an executioner ; and com
manded his head to be brought: 10. And he sent, and beheaded and he went and beheaded him John in the prison.
in the prison, 11. And his head was brought 28. And brought his head in in a charger, and given to the a charger, and gave it to the damsel : and she brought it to damsel : and the damsel gave it her mother.
to her mother.
up his corpse, and laid it in a
Sr. MATTHEW, XIV.
ST. LUKE, IX.
ST. JOHN, VI.
and told him all things; both 10. [ And the apostles, when
much as to eat. 13. [ When Jesus heard of it, he departed thence, by ship, 32. And they departed into a into a desert place apart : desert place by ship, privately. and when the people had 33. And the people saw them heard thereof,
departing, and many knew him, 11. And the people, when they 2. And a great multitude they followed him on foot and ran afoot thither out of all knew it, followed him; and he followed him, because they out of the cities. cities ; and outwent them; and received them ;
saw his miracles which he did came together unto him.
on them that were diseased.
3. And Jesus went up into & mountain ; and there he sat with his disciples.
4. And the passover, a 14. And Jesus went forth, 34. And Jesus, when he came
feast of the Jews, was nigh. and saw a great multitude, out, saw much people, and was
When Jesus then and was moved with com- moved with compassion toward
lifted up his eyes and saw passion toward them, them; because they were as sheep
a great company come unto not having a shepherd : and he
him, began to teach them many things. and spake unto them of the king.
dom of God, And healed them that and he healed their sick.
had need of healing. 15. | And when it was 35. And when the day was now 12. And when the day began to evening
far spent, his disciples came unto wear away, then came the twelve, his disciples came to him, him, and said,
and said unto him, saying, This is a desert place, and This is a desert place, and now the time is now past :
the time is far passed : send the multitude away, that 36. Send them away ; that they they may go into the villages may go into the country round send the multitude away that they and buy themselves victuals. about and into the villages ; and may go into the towns, and buy themselves bread :
country round about and lodge, for they have nothing to eat. and get victuals : 16. But Jesus said unto 37. He answered, and said unto for we are here in a desert place. he saith unto Philip, whence them, They need not depart : them,
13. But he said unto them, shall we buy bread, that give ye them to eat. Give ye them to eat. Give ye them to eat.
these may eat?
6. And this he said to prove him ; for he himself
knew what he would do. And they say unto him, Shall we
7. Philip answered him, go and buy two hundred penny
Two hundred pennyworth of worth of bread, and give them to
bread is not sufficient for eat ?
them, that every one of them
may take a little. 38. He saith unto them, How 17. And they said unto many loaves have ye? Go and
8. One of his disciples, An. him, We have here but five see. And when they knew they
drew, Simon Peter's brother, loaves,
saith unto him,
We have no more but five loaves 9. There is a lad here which and two fishes;
hath five barley loaves, and except we should go and buy two small fishes : but what meat for all this people. (1) are they among so many ?
14. For they were about five
thousand men. (2) (1) M. XV. 33 to 38.
(1) Mk. VI. 37.
ST. MATTHEW, XIV.
St. MARK, VI.
ST. JOHN, VI. 18. He said, Bring them hither
19. And he commanded the 39. And he commanded them And he said to his dis. 10. And Jesus said, Make the multitude to sit down on the to make all sit down, by com- ciples, Make them sit men sit down.
Now there was grass, panies upon the green grass. down by fifties in a much grass in the place. So the
men sat down, in number about 40. And they sat down in ranks 15. And they did so; and five thousand.
by hundreds, and by fifties. made them all sit down. and took the five loaves, and the 41. And when he had taken 16. Then he took the 11. And Jesus took the loaves: two fishes, and looking up to the five loaves and the two fishes, five loaves and the two and when he had given thanks, heaven, he blessed, and brake, he looked up to heaven, and fishes, and looking up to he distributed to the disciples, and gave the loaves to his disciples, blessed, and brake the loaves, heaven he blessed them, and the disciples to them that and the disciples to the multi- and gave them to his disciples to and brake, and gave to were set down :
set before them: and the two the disciples to set before and likewise of the fishes as much fishes divided he among them all. the multitude.
as they would. 20. And they did all eat, and 42. And they did all eat, and 17. And they did eat, 12. When they were filled, he were filled : were filled.
and were all filled : said unto his disciples, Gather up
the fragments that remain, that and they took up of the fragments 43. And they took up twelve and there was taken up nothing be lost. that remained twelve baskets full. baskets full of fragmente, of fragments that re- 13. Therefore they gathered
mained to them twelve them together, and filled twelve baskets.
baskets with the fragments of the and of the two fishes.
Continued P. 84. five barley loaves which remained 21. And they that had eaten 44. And they that did eat of
over and above unto them that were about five thousand men, the loaves
had eaten, beside women and children. thousand men.
14. Tben those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into
+ L. XIX. 38. P. 122. 15. | When Jesus therefore 22. 1 And straightway Jesus 45. And straightway he con
perceived that they would come
M. XXVII. 11, 37. constrained his disciples to get strained his disciples to get into
and take him by force, to make
Mk. XV, 9, 18. into a ship, and to go before him the ship, and to go to the other J. XVIII. 37, P. 168.
him a king, * unto the other side, while he sent side, before, unto Bethsaida, *
XIX. 19. P. 172. the multitudes away,
while he sent away the people. 23. And when he had sent the 46. And when he had sent multitudes away, he went up into them away, he departed into a a mountain, apart, to pray. And mountain to pray.
he departed again into a mountain when the evening was come he 47. And when even was come,
himself alone. was there alone.
16. And when even was now
come, his disciples went down 24. But the ship was now in the ship was in the midst of the
unto the sea, the midst of the sea, sea, and he alone on the land.
17. And entered into a ship,
and went over the sea toward * Mk. VỊ. 45. Capernaum.*
And it was now dark, and Jesus tossed with waves : for the wind 48. And he saw them toiling in
was not come to them. was contrary rowing : for the wind was con.
18. And the sea arose by trary unto them :
reason of a great wind that blew.
19. So when they had rowed
about five and twenty or thirty 25. And in the fourth watch and about the fourth watch of
furlongs, of the night Jesus went unto them, the night he cometh unto them, walking on the sea, walking upon the sea; and would
they see Jesus walking on the sea, have passed by them.
and drawing nigh unto the ship : 26. And when the disciples 49. But when they saw him saw him walking on the sea, they walking upon the sea, they
and they were afraid. were troubled, saying, It is a supposed it had been a spirit : spirit : and they cried out for and cried out : fear.
50. For they all saw him, and 27. But straightway Jesus were troubled. And immediately spake unto them, saying, Be of he talked with them; and saith good cheer : unto them, Be of good cheer : It
20. But he saith unto them. It is I : be not afraid. is I : be not afraid.
It is I : be not aid.
J. XII. 13. P. 122.
(1) See M. XV. 32 to 39.
* J. VI. 17.
St. MATTHEW, XIV.
Sr. MARK, VL. 28. And Peter answered him, and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go Jesus.
30. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid : and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord save me
31. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him ; and said unto him, O thou of little faith ; wherefore didst thou doubt?
51. And he went up unto them 32. And when they were come into the ship; and the wind into the ship the wind ceased. ceased.
And they were sore amazed in
52. For they considered not the
miracle of the loaves : for their 33. Then they that were in the heart was hardened. ship came and worshipped him ; 54. And when they were saying, Of a truth thou art the come out of the ship, straightSon of God.
way they knew him
land of Gennesaret, and drew
21. Then they willingly received him into the ship :
and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.
22. The day following, when the people which stood on the other side of the sea saw that there was none other boat there save that one whereinto his dis. ciples were entered ; and that Jesus went not with his disciples into the boat; but that his disci. ples were gone away alone ;
23. (Howbeit there came other boats from Tiberias nigh unto the place where they did eat bread, after that the Lord had given thanks :)
24. When the people therefore saw that Jesus was not there, neither his disciples, they also took shipping, and came to Capernaum, seeking for Jesus.
25. And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, When camest thou hither?
35. And when the men of that place had knowledge of him, 55. And ran through that they sent out into all that whole region round about, and country round about and brought began to carry about in beds unto him all that were diseased; those that were sick, where they
heard he was.
56. And whithersoever he entered, into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the
streets; and besought him that 36. And besought him that they might touch if it were but they might only touch the hem of the border of his garment: and his garment, and as many as as many as touched him were touched were made perfectly made whole. whole. Continued P. 79.
26. Jesus answered them, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles ; but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
27. Labor not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting
Sr. JOHN, VI. life, which the Son of man shall give unto you : for him hath God the Father sealed.
28. Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God ?
29. Jesus answered, and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
30. They said therefore unto * N. XVI. 1. him, What sign* showest thou
then, that we may see, and believe thee? What dost thou work ?
31. Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, Hegave them bread from heaven to eat.
32. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven : But my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven,
33. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
34. Then said they unto them, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
35. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life : he that cometh to me shall never hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
37. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me: and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing ; but should raise it up again at the last day.
40. And this is the will of him that sent me, that everyone which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life : and I will raise him up at the last day:
41. The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.
42. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Josepb, whose
father and mother we know? M. XIII. 55. How is it then that he saith, I
came down from heaven ?
43. Jesus therefore answered, and said unto them, Murmur not among
yourselves. 44. No man can come to me,