« ElőzőTovább »
ST. MARK, IV.
ST. JOHN VI.
St. MATTHEW, XIII. 17. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
ST. LUKE, X., VIII.
24. For I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
13. And he said unto them, Know
Continued P. 132.
Chap. VIII. from p. 67. 18. I Hear ye therefore the para
11. Now the parable is this: ble of the sower.
14. The sower soweth the word. The seed is the word of God. 19. When any one heareth the 15. And these are they by the way 12. Those by the way side word of the kingdom, and under side, where the word is sown : but are they that hear. Then standeth it not, then cometh the when they have heard, Satan cometh cometh the devil, and taketh wicked one, and catches away that immediately, and taketh away the away the seed out of their which was sown in his heart. This word that was sown in their hearts. hearts; lest they should believe is he which received seed by the way
and be saved. side.
20. But he that received the seed 16. And these are they likewise 13. They on the rock are into stony places, the same is he that which are sown on stony ground: they which, when they hear, heareth the word, and anon with who, when they have heard the word, receive the word with joy: and joy receiveth it ;
immediately receive it with gladness; 21. Yet hath henot rootin himself, 17. And have no root in them- these have no root; which for but dureth for a while : for when selves; and so endure but for a a time believe and in time of tribulation or persecution ariseth time : afterward, when atlliction or temptation fall away. because of the word, by and by he is persecution ariseth, for the word's offended.
sake, immediately they are offended. 14. And that which fell 22. He also that received seed 18. And these are they which are among thorns are they, which among the thorns is he that heareth sown among thorns : such as hear, when they have heard, go forth, the word ; and the care of this world the word;
and are choked with cares and and the deceitfuloess of riches, choke 19. And the cares of this world, riches and pleasures of this life, the word, and he becometh un- and the deceitfulness of riches, and and bring no fruit to perfection. fruitful.
the lusts of other things entering in,
Continued at P. 33.
Continued P. 33.
Continued P. 67.
24. | Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The king. dom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field :
25. But while men slept, his enemy came, and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, there appeared the tares also.
27. So the servants of the house. holder came, and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field ? From whence then hath it tares ?
28. He saith unto them, An
(1) M, XIII. 9.
31. 1 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,
Chap. XIII. from P. 61.
resemble it? The kingdom of heaven is like to a
19. It is like a grain of grain of mustard seed, which a man 31. It is like a grain of mustard mustard seed, which a took, and hid in his field :
seed, whicb, when it is sown in the took, and cast into his garden : 32. Which indeed is the least of earth, is less than all the seeds that all seeds :
be in the earth : but when it is grown, it is the 32. But when it is sown, it and it grew, and waxed a great greatest among herbs: and becometh groweth up, and becometh greater tree a tree; so that the birds of the air than all herbs, and shooteth out and the fowls of the air lodged come, and lodge in the branches great branches : so that the fowls in the branches of it. thereof.
of the air may lodge under the 20. And again he said, 33. 1 Another parable spake he shadow of it.
Whereunto shall I liken the unto them : The kingdom of heaven
kingdom of God ? is like unto leaven, which a woman
21. It is like leaven, which a took, and hid in three measures of
woman took, and hid in three meal, till the whole was leavened. 33. And with many such parables measures of meal, till the whole
34. All these things spake Jesus spake he the word unto them; as was leavened. unto the multitude in parables ; and they were able to bear it. without a parable spake he not 34. But without a parable spake Continued P. 40. unto them :
he not unto them : 35. That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, This verse concluded at P. 70. saying, I will open my mouth in parables ; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.
36. Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house : and his disciples came unto him,
St. MATTHEW, XIII.
ST. MARK, IV. saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37. He answered, and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man :
38. The field is the world : the good seed are the children of the kingdom : but the tares are the children of the wicked one :
39. The enemy that sowed them is the devil : the harvest is the end of the world : and the reapers are the angels.
40. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, 80 shall it be in the end of this world.
41. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather, out of his kingdom, all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42. And shall cast them into a furnace of fire ; there shall be wail. See v. 50 below. ing and goashing of teeth.
43. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun,
in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear let him hear.
See v. 9. 44. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field ; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth, and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchantman seeking goodly pearls :
46. Who when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.
47. | Again the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind :
48. Which when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels ; but cast the bad away.
49. So shall it be at the end of the world : the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just;
50. And shall cast them into the furnace of fire : there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
51. Jesus saith unto them, Have and when they were alone he ye understood all these things ? they expounded all things to his dis. say unto him, Yea, Lord.
ciples. 52. Then said he unto them, Continued P. 45. Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto man
* See M. VIII., 12; XIII., 42, 50; XXII.,
13; XXIV., 15; XXV., 30.
St. MARK, V. VI.
ST. LUKE, IV.
ST. JOHN, VI.
St. MATTHEW, XIII. that is an housebolder, which bringeth forth out of his trea. sure things new and old.
53. 1 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables,
Chap. IV. from P. 18. he departed thence.
CHAP. VI. (From P. 51.) 16. | And he came to Naza.
reth where he had been brought
thence, and came into his own
2. And when the sabbath day into the synagogue on the
17. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor : he hath sent me to heal the broken. hearted : to preach deliverance to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind : to set at liberty them that are bruised :
19. To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
20. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21. And he began to say in so much that they were aston. and many, hearing him were as. unto them, This day is this
ished ; and said, Whence tonished : saying, From whence scripture fulfilled in your ears.
giver unto him, that even such words which proceeded out of
Jamee, and Joses, and of Juda,
56. And his sisters, are they
57. And they were offended in him. (3)
And they were offended at him. 23. And he said unto them, (1) J. VI. 42., P. 77, (2) M. XXVI. 56. (3) L. IV. 28, P. 72.
J. VI. 42. P. 77.
ST. JOHN, VI.
ST. MATTHEW, XIV.
St. MARK, VL.
ST. LUKE, IV., IX.
among his own kin : and in his and his own house. own house.
25. But I tell you of a truth, Many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months ; when great famine was throughout all the land :
26. But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
27. And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed saving Naaman, the Syrian.
28. And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
29. And rose up, and thrust him out of the city; and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
30. But he, passing through the midst of them, went his
way. 58. And he did not many 5. And he could there do no
Continued P. 18.
his hands upon a few sick folk,
6. And he marvelled because
round about the villages CHAP. XIV.
Continued P. 53, Chap. IX. from P. 56. 1. At that time Chap. VI. from P. 56.
7. T Now Herod the Tetrarch Herod the Tetrarch* heard of 14. And king Herod heard heard of all that was done by the fame of Jesus.
of him, (for his name was spread him: and he was perplexed, 2. And said unto his servants, abroad :) and he said, That because that it was said of some, This is John the Baptist; He John the Baptist is risen from That John was risen from the is risen from the dead; and the dead: and therefore mighty dead : therefore many mighty works works do show forth themselves do show forth themselves in in him. him.
15. Others said, That it is 8. And of some that Elias had
appeared : and of others thatone
9. And Herod said,
he is risen from the dead. * 2nd Herod. Archilaus.
M. II, 22.