« ElőzőTovább »
Sr. MATTHEW, X.
ST. JOHN, VI. of the Samaritans enter yo
preach the kingdom of God. not:
Chap. VI. from P. 72. 6. But go rather to the lost 7. And he called unto him sheep of the house of Israel. the twelve and began to send
7. And as yo go, preach, them forth by two and two, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. (1) 8. Heal the sick : cleanse the and gave them power over un.. and to heal tho sick.
L. X. 9, 1. P. 67.
9. Provide neither gold, nor 8. And commanded them 3. And he said unto them,
for their journey, save a staff neither staves, nor scrip, neither
11. And into whatsoever city) 10. And he said unto them, or town ye shall enter, enquire In what place soover ye enter 4. And whatsoever house ye who in it is worthy: and there into an house, there abide till enter into, there abide, and
X. 7. P. 67. abide till ye go thence. ye depart from that place. thence depart.
12. And when yo come into an house salute it. (3)
13. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come
See L. X. 1, &: 5,6. P. 57. upon it : but if it be not worthy let your peace return to you. (4)
14. And whosoever shall not 11. And whosoever shall not 5. And whoever will not re. receive you nor hear your words, receive you, nor hear you ; ceive you, when yo go out of when yedepartout of that house when yo depart thence, shake that city, shake off the very or city, shake off the dust of off the dust under your feet; dust from your feet for a testi. X. 10, 11. P. 57. your feet. (5)
for a testimony against them. mony against them. 15. Verily I say unto you, [Verily I say unto you, It shall
Continued P. 56. It shall be more tolerable for be more tolerable for Sodom the land of Sodom and Go- and Gomorrha in the day of See L. X. 1, & 12. P. 57. morrha in the day of judgment, judgment, than for that city.]* than for that city.
Continued P. 56. 16. Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves : be ye therefore wise as serpents,
Sec L. X. 1, 8. P. 57. and harmless as doves.
17. But beware of men ; for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues :
18. And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against
Chap. XII. from P. 64. them and the gentiles. (6)
11. And when they bring you 19. But when they deliver
See Mk. XIII. 9, 11. P. 139.
into the synagogues ; and unto you up, take no thought how,
magistrates, and powers, take or what ye shall speak :
ye no thought how or what for it shall be given you in
thing ye shall answer; or what that same hour what ye shall
Bay : speak.
12. For the Holy Ghost shall 20. For it is not ye that
teach you in the same hour speak, but the spirit of your
what yo ought to say. Father which speaketh in you.
21. Add the brother shall deliver up the brother to death,
13. And one of the company and the father the child ; and
said unto him, Mastor, speak (1) L. X. 9&1, P. 57. (2) L. X. 4, P. 57. * Wanting in almost all the ancient (3) L. X. 8, 7, P. 87. (4) 5, 6.
MSS.-Alord. (6) X. 10, P. 37. (6) L XXI. 12, P. 139.
ST. JOHN, VI.
ST. LUKE, XII., VI., XII. to my brother that he divide the inheritance with me.
14. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?
15. And he said unto him, Take heed and beware of covetousness : for a man's life consisteth not in the abund. ance of the things which he possesseth.
16. And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully :
17. And he thought within himself saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits.
18. And he said, This will I do : I will pull down my barns, and build greater : and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years, Take thine ease ; eat, drink, and be merry.
20. But God said unto him, Thou fool : this night thy soul shall be required of thee : Then whose shall those things be which thou hast provided ?
21. So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
Continued P. 38.
22. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake : but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23. But when they persecute you in this city, fee ye into another : for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
24. The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his Lord.
25. It is enough for the dis. ciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his Lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household ?
26. Fear thom not therefore :
Chap. VI. from 80.
40. The disciple is not above his master; but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
Continued P. 39.
From P. 137. 1. In the meantime, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of
St. MATTHEW, X.
ST. JOHN, VI.
of all, Beware of the leaven of the
Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.
secret, but that it should come not be known.
3. Therefore whatsoever ye
have spoken in darkness shall 27. What I tell you in dark.
be heard in the light; and that ness that speak ye in light: and
which ye have spoken in the what ye hear in the ear, that
ear in closets shall be propreach ye upon the housetops.
claimed upon the house tops.
4. And I say unto you my 28. And fear not them which
friends, Be not afraid of them kill the body, but are not able
that kill the body, and after that to kill the soul.
have no more that they can do.
5. But I will forewarn you but rather fear him which is
whom ye shall fear : Fear him able to destroy both soul and
which after he hath killed, hath body in hell.
power to cast into hell. Yea,
I say unto you, Fear him. 29. Are not two sparrows
6. Are not five sparrows sold sold for a farthing ? and one of
for two farthings ? and not one them shall not fall on the
of them is forgotten before ground without your Father.
God. 30. But the very hairs of
7. But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
your head are all numbered. 31. Fear ye not therefore ;
Fear not, therefore : Ye are Ye are of more value than many
of more value than many spar. sparrows.
rows. 32. Whosoever therefore shall
8. Also I say unto you, confess me before men, him will
Whosoever shall confess me I confess also before my Father
before men, him shall the Son which is in heaven.
of man also confess before the 33. But whosoever shall deny
angels of God. me before men, him will I also
9. But he that denieth me deny before my Father which
before men shall be denied is in heaven.
before the angels of God.
Continued P. 64.
Chap. XII. from P. 144.
* Quere. V. 49, 50, also See P. 144.
34. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth : I came not to send peace but a sword.
33. For I am come to set a mån at variance against his father; and the daughter against her mother; and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
51. Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth ? I tell you nay: but rather division.
52. Forfrom henceforth there shall be fivein one house divided ; three against two, and two against three.
53. Thefather shall be divided
Continued P. 85.
25. And there went out great
36. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
ST. JOHN, VI.
ST. MATTHEW, X. ST. MARK, II., IX., VI. St. LUKE, XIV., IX.
turned, and said unto them, 37. He that loveth father or
26. If any man come to me, mother more than me is not
and hate not his father, and worthy of me: and he that
mother, and wife, and children, loveth son or daughter more
and brethren, and sisters, yea, than me is not worthy of me.
and his own life also, he cannot
be my disciple. 38. And he that taketh not
27. And whosoever doth not his cross, and followeth after
bear his cross, and come after me, is not worthy of me.
me, cannot be my disciple.
28. For which of you, intend. ing to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it ?
29. Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it all that behold it begin to mock him,
30. Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to fipish.
31. Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand, to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand ?
32. Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
33. 8o likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Continued P. 33. 39. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth
L, XVII. 83. P. 140. his life for my sake shall find it.
40. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that
L. X. 1 & 16, P. 57, 60. receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
41. He that receiveth a pro. phet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous mar's reward. 42. And whosoever shall give
Chap. IX. from P. 90.
41. For whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in you a cup of water to drink in the name of a disciple, verily I my name, because ye belong to say unto you, He shall in no He shall not lose his reward.
Christ, verily I say unto you, wise lose his reward.
Continued P. 90.
12. And they went out and 6. And they departed, and
ing the Gospel, and healing
Continued P. 72.
Continued P. 72,
Sr. MATTHEW, XI.
Sr. MARK, II.
ST. LUKE, X
ST. JOHN, VI.
CHAP. X. (from P. 45.)
1. After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
2. Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few : pray ye M. IX. 37, 38. therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth laborers into his harvest.
3. Go your ways : behold, I send you forth as lambs among M. X. 16. wolves.
4. Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes : and salute no
M. X. 9, 10. man by the way.
5. And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
6. And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon 13. it : if not it shall turn to you again.
7. And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give : for the X., 11. laborer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
8. And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you :
9. And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The X., 7, 8. kingdom of God is come nigh unto you
10. But into whatsoever city ye ) enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, 11. Even the very dust of your
14. city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you : notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh
12. But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable in that 15. day for Sodom, than for that city.
Continued P. 59.
CHAP. XI. 1. And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.
Chap. X., from P. 60.
17. And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
18. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power