« ElőzőTovább »
ST. JOHN, VI.
St. MATTHEW, IX.
St. MARK, II.
ST. LUKE, V.
brought in a bed a man which 2. And behold, they brought 3. And they come unto him, was taken with a palsy : and to bim a man sick of the palsy, bringing one sick of the palsy, they sought means to bring him lying on a bed :
which was borne of four. in, and to lay him before him.
4. And when they could not 19. And when they could not come nigh unto him for the find by what way they might press, they uncovered the roof bring him in, because of the where he was : and when they multitude, they went upon the had broken it up, they let down housetop and let him down the bed wherein the sick of the through the tiling, with his palsy lay.
couch into the midst, before
Jesus. and Jesus seeing their faith 5. When Jesus saw their 20. And when he saw their said unto the sick of the palsy : faith, he said unto the sick faith, he said unto him, Man, Son, be of good cheer : thy of the palsy, Son, thy sins be thy sins are forgiven thee. sins be forgiven thee.
forgiven thee. 3. And behold certain of the 6. But there were certain of 21. And the scribes and the scribes said within themselves, the scribes sitting there, and Pharisees began to reason,
reasoning in their hearts, saying, Who is this which This man blasphemeth.
7. Why doth this man thus speaketh blasphemies ? Who speak blasphemies? who can can forgive sins but God alone ?
forgive sins but God only? 4. And Jesus knowing their 8. And immediately when
22. But when Jesus perthoughts said,
Jesus perceived in his spirit ceived their thoughts, he,
themselves, he said unto them,
your hearts ? 5. For whether is easier to 9. Whether is it easier to say
23. Whether is easier, to say, say,
to the sick of the palsy, Thy Thy sins be forgiven thee : or Thy sins be forgiven thee, or sins be forgiven thee; or to to say, Rise up and walk ? to say, Arise, and walk ? say, Arise, and take up thy
bed, and walk ? 6. But that ye may know 10. But that ye may know 24. But that ye may know that the Son of man hath that the Son of man hath that the Son of man hath power power on earth to forgive sins, power on earth to forgive sins, upon earth to forgive sins, (he (then saith he to the sick of (he saith to the sick of the said unto the sick of the palsy,) the palsy,) Arise, take up thy palsy,)
I say unto thee, Arise, and bed, and go unto thine house. ll. I say unto thee, Arise, take up thy couch, and go unto
and take up thy bed, and go thine house.
thy way into thine house. 7. And he arose, and de- 12. And immediately he 25. And immediately be rose parted to his house.
arose, took up the bed, and up before them, and took up
saying, We never saw it on this
26. And they
all amazed, and they glorified God, and were filled with fear, say. ing, We have seen strange
things to day.
by the seaside : and all the he went forth,
and he taught them.
and followed him.
ST. JOHN, VI.
St. MATTHEW, IX.
St. MARK, II.
ST. LUKE, V. 10. | And it came to pass, 15. And it came to pass,
29. And Levi made him a as Jesus sat at meat in the that, as Jesus sat at meat in great feast in his own house : house, behold, many publicans his house, many publicans and and there was a great company and sinners came and sat down sinners sat also together with of publicans, and of others that with him and his disciples. Jesus and his disciples : for sat down with them.
there were many,
and they followed him. 11. And when the Pharisees 16. And when the scribes 30. But their scribes and saw it,
and Pharisees saw him eat with Pharisees murmured against
publicans and sinners, they his disciples, saying, Why do they said unto his disciples, said unto his disciples, How is ye eat and drink with publicans Why eateth your Master with it that he eateth and drinketh and sinners ? publicans and sinners ?
with publicans and sinners ? 12. But when Jesus heard 17. When Jesus heard it he 31. And Jesus answering said that, he said unto them, They saith unto them, They that are unto them, They that are whole that be whole need not a phy. whole have no need of the need not a physician ; but they sician, but they that are sick. physician, but they that are that are sick.
13. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy and not sacrifice : for I am not come to call the I came not to call the righteous, 32. I came not to call the righteous but sinners to repent. but sinners to repentance. righteous but sinners to repent. ance.
18. And the disciples of John 33. [ And they said unto 14. | Then came to him the and of the Pharisees used to him, Why do the disciples of disciples of John, saying, fast: and they come and say Joho fast often and make Why do we and the Pharisees unto him, Why do the disciples prayers; and likewise the disfast oft, but thy disciples fast of John and of the Pharisees ciples of the Pharisees; but not?
fast, but thy disciples fast not ? thine eat and drink?
as long as they have the bride-
then shall they fast in those then shall they fast in those
36. | And he spake also a
parable unto them; 16. No man putteth a piece 21. No man also seweth a No man putteth a piece of a of new cloth unto an old piece of new cloth on an old new garment upon an old ; if garment; for that which is put garment : else the new piece otherwise, then both the new in to fill it up taketh from the that filled it up taketh away maketh a rent, and the piece garment, and the rent is made from the old ; and the rent is that was taken out of the new made worse.
agreeth not with the old. 17. Neither do men put new 22. And no man putteth new 37. And no man putteth new wine into old bottles : else the wine into old bottles : else the wine into old bottles : else the bottles break, and the wine new wine doth burst the bottles, new wine will burst the bottles, runneth out, and the bottles and the wine is spilled; and and be spilled, and the bottles perish : but they put new wine the bottles will be marred : but shall perish. into new bottles, and both are new wine must be put into new 38. But new wine must be preserved. bottles.
put into new bottles ; and both
are preserved. Continued P. 61.
39. No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new : for he saith, The old is better.
For Chap. VI, see P. 61.
ST. JOHN, VL.
St. MATTHEW, IX.
Sr. LUKE, VIII.
Chap. VIII. from P. 47.
and when he saw him, he fell and he fell down at Jesus' feet,
and besought him that he would
come into his house : greatly, saying, My little 42. For he had one only saying, My daughter is even daughter lieth at the point of daughter, about twelve years now dead :
death : I pray thee, come and of age, and she lay a dying.
may be healed : and she shall
24. And Jesus went with 19. And Jesus arose, and him; and much people fol
But as he went followed him, and so did his lowed him; and thronged him. the people thronged him. disciples.
25. And a certain woman,
43. | And a woman having
26. And had suffered many
be healed of any,
27. When she had heard of 44. Came behind him, and came behind him, and touched Jesus, came in the press behind, touched the border of his garthe hem of his garment : and touched his garment.
28. For she said, If I may
fountain of her blood was dried blood stanched.
Peter and they that were with
had gone out of him, turned thee, and sayest thou, Who 22. But Jesus turned him him about in the press, and touched me? about,
said, Who touched my clothes ? 46. And Jesus said, Some
31. And his disciples said body hath touched me : for I
47. And when the woman
down before him, she declared
48. And he said unto her,
* (literally “hath saved thee."Aifoid.)
35. While he yet spake there 49. q While he yet spake, came from the ruler of the syn. there cometh one from the agogue's house certain, which ruler of the synagogue's house, said,
saying to him, Thy daughter is dead.
Thy daughter is dead. [" Hath saved thee."-Alford.)
ST. MATTHEW, IX.
ST. JOHN, VL.
St. MARK, II., V.
ST. LUKE, VIII.
36. As soon as Jesus heard
not. Believe only.
51. And when he came into
the mother of the maiden.
23. And when Jesus came 38. And he cometh to the into the ruler's house, and saw house of the ruler of the the minstrels and the people synagogue, and seeth the tu: making a noise,
mult, and them that wept and 52. And all wept and be.
39. And when he was como 24. He said unto them, Give in, he saith unto them, Why place;
make ye this ado, and weep? But he said, Weep not; for the maid is not dead, but the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth. sleepeth.
she is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn. 40. And they laughed him 53. And they laughed him to to scorn.
knowing that she was dead.
out, he taketh the father and
entereth in where the damsel ho went in,
by the hand, and said unto her, and called, saying ;
42. And straightway the 55. And her spirit came and the maid arose.
damsel arose, and walked ; again ; and she rose straight-
43. And he charged them meat.
something should be given her them that they should tell no
man what was done.
crying, and saying, Thou son of David, For Chap. VI. see P. 71. For Chap. IX. see P. 52. have mercy on us. (1)
28. And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him : and Jesus saith unto them, Believe yo that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.
29. Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.
30. And their eyes were opened : and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it.
(1) M. XX, 30.
ST. JOHN, VI.
ST. MATTHEW, X.
ST. MARK, II, III. ST. LUKE, IX., VI., IX. 31. But they, when they were departed spread abroad bis fame in all that country.
32. As they wentout, behold, they brought to him a dumb) man possessed with a devil.
33. And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake : and M. XII. 22, 24. the multitude marvelled saying, It was never so seen in Israel.
34. But the Pharisees said, He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils.
L. XI. 14, 15, P. 63. 35. And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the Gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
36. But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because / M. XIV. 14. they fainted and were scattered ( Mk. VI. 34. P. 74. abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
37. Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is See Mk. VI. 34. P. 74. plenteous, but the laborers are few.
See L. X. 2, P. 57. 38. Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest that he will send forth laborers into his
CHAP. IX. harvest.
Chap. III. from P. 63.
13. And he goeth up into a 1. Then he called his twelve
whom he would : and they them power and authority over
all devils, and to cure diseases. 1. And when he had called 14. And he ordained twelve,
Continued below. unto him his twelve disciples, that they should be with him, he gave them power against and that he might send them unclean spirits, to cast them forth to preach,
Chap. VI. from P. 63. out, and to heal all manner of
15. And to bave power to 12. And it came to pass in
into a mountain to pray, and
13. And when it was day he
called unto him his disciples : 2. Now the names of the
and of them he choose twelve, twelve apostles are these : The
whom also he named apostles ; first Simon, who is called Peter : 16. And Simon he surnamed 14. Simon, (whom he also and Andrew bis brother: Peter;
named Peter) and Andrew his James the son of Zebedee : and 17. And James the son of brother; James, and John : Jobn bis brother :
Zebedee; and John, the brother Philip, and Bartholomew : 3. Philip: and Bartholomew: of James; and he surnamed 15. Matthew, and Thomas : Thomas : and Matthew the pub- them Boanerges ; which is the James the son of Alpheus : and lioan: James the son of Alpheus : song of thunder :
Simon called Zelotes : and Lebbeus, whose surname 18. And Andrew and Philip : 16. Apd Judas, the brother was Thaddeus :
and Bartholomew : and Mat. of James : and Judas Iscariot, 4. Simon the Canaanite : and thew : and Thomas : and James which also was the traitor, Judas Iscariot: who also be the son of Alpbeus : and Thad.
Continued P. 63. trayed him.
deus: and Simon the Capaanite: 5. These twelve Jesus sent 19. And Judas Iscariot : forth, and commanded them, which also betrayed him: and saying, Go not into the way of they went into an house. Chap. IX. continued. tho Gentiles, and into any city
Continued P. 63.
2. And be sent them to