« ElőzőTovább »
St. MATTHEW, XXVI.
ST. MARK, XIV.
ST. LUKE, XXII.
ST. JOHN XVI. the Father in my name, he may give
17. These things I command you, That ye love one another.
18. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his Lord. If they have perse. cuted me, they will also persecute you. If they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21. But all these things will they do unto you for my Name's sake; because theyknow not him that sentme.
22. If I had not come and spoken upto them, they had not had sin : but now they have no cloke for their sin.
23. He that hateth me, hateth my Father also.
24. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin ; but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25. But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
26. But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.
27. And ye also shall bear witness, because yo have been with me from the beginning
CHAP. XVI. 1. These things have I spoken unto you that ye should not be offended.
2. They shall put you out of the synagogues : yea, the time cometh, that whosever killeth you will think he doeth God service.
3. And these things they will do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4. But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
5. But now I go my way to him that sent me : and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou ?
6. But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled
7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is expedient for you that I go away. For if I go not away the Comforter will not come unto you.
St. MATTHEW, XXVI.
ST. MARK, XIV.
St. LUKE, XXII.
ST. JOHN, XVI. But if I depart I will send him unto you.
8. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of right. eousness, and of judgment :
9. Of sin, because they believe not
10. Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more :
11. Of judgment, because the Prince of this world is judged.
12. I have yetmany things to say un. to you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13. Howbeit, when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth ; for he shall not speak of himself : but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak : and he will shew you things to come.
14. He shall glorify me; for he shall receive of mine, and sball shew it unto you.
16. A little while, and ye shall not see me, and again a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
17. Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, a little while and ye shall not see me: and again a little while and ye shall see me, and because I go to the Father?
18. They said therefore, What is this that he saith, a little while ? We cannot tell what he saith.
19. Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, a little while and ye shall not see him : and again a little while and ye shall see me?
20. Verily, verily I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice : and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
21. A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come : but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. 22. And ye now therefore have
But I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice : and your joy no man taketh from you.
23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name. Ask and ye shall receive : that your joy may be full.
25. These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs. But the time cometh when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs ; but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
Sr. MATTHEW, XXVI.
St. MARK, XIV.
ST. LUKE, XXII.
ST. JOHN, XVII. . 26. At that day ye shall ask in name : and I say not unto you that I will pray the Father for you :
27. For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me; and have believed that I came out from God.
28. I came forth from the Father ; and am come into the world. Again I leave the world, and go to the Father.
29. His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly; and speaks est no proverb.
30. Now we are sure that thou knowest all things and needest not that any man should ask theo : By this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
31. Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe ?
32. Behold, the hour cometh ; yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own; and shall leave me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
33. These things I have spoken unto you that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation, But be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
CHAP. XVII. 1. These words spake Jesus; and lifted up his eyes to heaven and said, Father, The hour is come: glorify thy Son; that thy Son also may glorify thee :
2. As thou hast given him, power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3. And this is life eternal : that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thouhast sent.
4. I have glorified thee on the earth : I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self, with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
6. I have manifested thy name anto the men which thou gavest me out of the world. Thine they were ; and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
7. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8. For I have given to them the words which thou gavest me. And they have received them; and have known surely that I came out from thee : and they have believed that thou didst send me.
9. I pray for them. I pray not for the world; but for them which thou hast given me : for they are thine.
10. And all mine are thine, and thine are mino : and I am glorified in then. ST. MATTHEW, XXVI.
ST. MARK, XIV.
ST. LUKE, XXII.
ST. JOHN, XVII. 11. And now I am no more in the world. But these are in the world : and I come to thee. Holy Father, Keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me : that they may be one, as we are.
12. While I was with them in the world I kept them in thy name. Those that thou gavest me I have kept; and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13. And now come I to thee. And these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14. I have given them thy word, and the world hath hated them ; because they are not of the world; even as I am not of the world.
15. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the eyil.
16. They are not of the world ; even as I am not of the world.
17. Sanctify them through thy truth : thy word is truth.
18. As thou hast sent me into tho world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified, through the truth.
20. Neither pray I for these alone ; but for them also which shall believe on me through their word :
21. That they all may be one : as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee : that they also may be one in us : that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22. And the glory which thou gavest me, I have given them, that they may be one, even as we are one.
23. 1 in them; and thou in me; that they may be made perfect in one: and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them as thou hast loved me.
24. Father, I will that they also whom thou bast given me be with me where I am, that they may behold my glory which thou hast given me : for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
25. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee. But I have known thee; and these have known that thou hast sent me.
26. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it, that the love wherewith thou hast loved me, may be in them, and I in them.
St. MATTHEW, XXVI.
St. MARK, XIV.
ST. JOHN, XVIII.
35. And he said unto them, When I sent you without purso
and scrip and shoes ; lacked M. X. 10;
ye anything? And they said ; L. X. 4, 17, P. 57. Nothing.
36. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, lot him take it ; and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
37. For I say unto you, That this that is written must yet be accomplished in me : And he was reckoned among the trans. gressors : For the things con. cerning me have an end.
38. And they said, Lord, be. L. XXII. 49, 50. P. 164. hold, here are two swords.
And he said unto them ; It is From P. 155.
1. When Jesus had spoken 36. | Then cometh Jesus 32. And they came to a place 39. 1 And he came out, and these words, he went forth with with them unto a place called which was named Gethsemane : went as he wont, to the mount his disciples over the brook Gethsemane :
of Olives : (1) and his
Cedron, where was a garden, and saith unto the disciples, and he saith to his disciples, disciples also followed him. into the which he entered, and Sit ye here, while I go and pray Sit ye here while I shall pray.
his disciples. yonder.
37. And he took with bim 33. And he taketh with him Peter, and the two sons of Peter and James and John, and Zebedee, and began to be sor. began to be sore amazed, and rowful, and very heavy. to be very heavy :
38. Then saith he unto them, 34. And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, My soul is exceedingly sorroweven unto death: tarry ye here, ful, unto death : tarry ye here, 40. And when he was at the and watch with me. and watch.
place, he said unto them, 39. And he went a little 35. And he went forward a Pray that ye enter not into farther, little,
temptation. and fell on his face, and prayed, and fell on the ground, and
41. And he was withdrawn ying, O my Father, if it be prayed that if it were possible from them about a stone's cast, possible, let this cup pass from the hour might pass from and kneeled down and prayed; See J. XII, 27, P. 123. him.
42. Saying, Father, if thou 36. And
he said, Abba, be willing remove this cup from Father, all things are possible me: nevertheless not my will,
unto thee. Take away this cup but thine, be done nevertheless, not from me. Nevertheless not what as I will, but as thou wilt. I will, but what thou wilt.
43. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
44. And being in agony he prayed more earnestly : and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
45. And when he rose up 37. And he cometh
from prayer and was come to 40. And he cometh unto the and findeth them sleeping ; and his disciples, he found them disciples, and findeth them saith unto Peter, Simon, sleep sleeping for sorrow. asleep; and saith unto Peter, est thou ?
46. And said unto them, What, could ye not watch with Couldst not thou watch one Why sleep ye? me one hour
bour ? 41. Watch and pray, that ye 38. Watch ye and pray, lest rise and pray lest ye enter into enter not into temptation : ye enter into temptation. temptation.
(1) M. XXI. 30.