« ElőzőTovább »
ST. LUKE, XXII.
ST. JOHN, XIII. I know whom I have chosen : but that the scripture may be fulfilled, he that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.
19. Now I tell you before it come, that when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.
20. Verily, verily, I say anto you, He that receiveth whom. soever I send, receiveth me, and he that receiveth me, receiveth him that sent me.
21. When Jesus had thus said he was troubled in spirit : and testified, and said,
verily, I say unto you, That one Chap. XXII.
of you shall betray me. 23. And they began to in. 22. Then the disciples looked quire among themselves, one on another doubting of which of them it was that whom he spake. should do this thing.
there was leaning on Continued P. 118. Jesus' bosom one of his dis
ciples, whom Jesus loved.
24. Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake.
25. He then, lying on Jesus'
breast, saith unto him, Lord, From P. 154.
Who is it?
when I bavo dipped it.
23. And he answered and 20. And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand said unto them, It is one of the with me in the dish, the same twelve that dippeth with me in shall betray me.
24. The Son of man goeth as 21. The Son of man indeed 22. And truly the Son of it is written of him : but woe goeth as it written of him : but man goeth as it was deter. unto that man by whom the woe to that man by whom the mined: but woe unto that man Son of man is betrayed ! Son of man is betrayed !
by whom he is betrayed ! It had been good for that man Good were it for that man if he
Continued above. if he had not been born.
had never been born. 25. Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, Is it I? He said unto
Chap. XXII., from P. 152. him, Thou hast said,
15. And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer :
16. For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of
God. 26. | And as they were eat- 22. | And as they did eat, 19. 1 And he took bread, ing, Jesus took bread, and Jesus took bread and blessed, and gave thanks, and brake Transposed. blessed it, and brake it, and and brake it, and gave to them, it, and gave unto them say. gave it to the disciples, and and said, Take; eat;
ing, This is my body which said, Take ; eat : This is my This is my body.
is given for you :
and when he had given thanks, gave thanks, and said, Take this, thanks, and gave it to them, he gave it to them : and they and divide it among yourselver. saying, Drink ye all of it ; all drank of it.
St. MATTHEW, XXVI. ST. MARK, XIV.
ST. LUKE, XXII.
ST. JOHN, XIII. 28. For this is my blood 24. And he said unto them, 20. Likewise also the cap of the new testament, which is This is my blood of the new after supper, saying, This cup Transposed. shed for many for the remission testament, of sins.
is the new testament in my which is shed for many.
blood, which is shed for you. 29. But I say unto you, I 25. Verily I say unto you, I 18. For I say unto you, I will Resumed. will not drink henceforth of this will drink no more of the fruit not drink of the fruit of the vine fruit of the vine until that day of the vine until that day that until when I drink it new with you I drink it new in the kingdom the kingdom of God shall come. in my Father's kingdom. of God,
Continued P. 153. 27. And after the sop Satan
entered into him. Then said L. XXII. 3. P. 151. Jesus unto him, That thou doest,
28. Now no man at the table M. XXVI. 23; Mk. XIV. 20. L, XXII, 21; J. XIII. 26; P. 158.
knew for what intent he spake this unto him.
29. For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Bay those things that we have need of against the feast : or, that he should give something to the poor.
30. He then, having received the sop went immediately out. And it was night.
31. | Therefore when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified : and God is glorified in him.
32. If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself : and shall straightway glorify him.
33. Little children, Yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go ye cannot come : Bo now I say to you.
34. A new commandment I
give unto you, That ye love one J. XV. 17, P. 158. another; as I have loved you,
that ye also love one another,
35. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
36. Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou ? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shall follow me
afterwards. 30. And when they had sung 26. | And when they had an hymn, they went out into sung an hymn, they went out the mount of Olives. (1)
into the mount of Olives. 31. Then saith Jesus unto 27. And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night : for it because of me this night : for it is written, I will smite the shep- is written, I will smite the herd, and the sheep of the flock shepherd, and the sheep shall shall be scattered abroad. be scattered.
Chap. XXII., from P. 116. 32. But after I am risen 21. But after that I am risen, again, I will go before you into I will go before you into Galilee. 31. | And the Lord said, Galilee. (2)
Simon, Simon, behold Satan
[bath desired to have you ;] that Chath prevailed to have you all."(1) XVIII, 1. L. XXII, 39, P. 162.
he may sift you as wheat.
Alford, (2) M. XXVIII, 7, 10. Mk. XVI, 1, P. 177.
32. But I havo prayed for
ST. MATTHEW, XXVI. Sr. MARK, XIV.
ST. LUKE, XXII.
ST. JOHN, XIV. thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted,
strengthen thy brethren. 33. Peter angwered and said 29. But Peter said unto him, 33. And he said anto him, 37. Peter said unto him, unto him, Though all men shall Although all shall be offended, Lord, I am ready to go with Lord, be offended because of thee, yet yet will not I.
thee both into prison and to Why cannot I follow thee now? will I never be offended.
I will lay down my life for thy
sake. 34. Jesus said unto him, 30. And Jesus saith unto him, 34. And he said,
38. Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my
sake? Verily I say unto thee, Verily I say unto thee, that this I tell thee, Peter, The cock Verily, verily, I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock day, even in this night, before shall not crow this day, before The cock shall not crow, till crow,
the cock crow twice, thou shalt that thou shalt thrice deny that thou hast denied me thrice. thou shalt deny me thrice. deny me thrice.
thou knowest me. 35. Peter said unto him, 31. But he spake the more Continued P. 162. Though I should die with thee, vehemently, If I should die with
CHAP. XIV. yet will I not deny thee. thee, I will not deny thee in any
1. Let not your heart be wise.
troubled. Ye believe in God ; Likewise said all the disciples, Likewise also said they all.
believe also in me. Continued P. 162.
2. In my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not 80, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3. And if I go, and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself : that where I am, there ye may be also.
4. And whither I go ye know; and the way ye know.
5. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, We know not whither thou goest : and how can we know the way?
6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me.
7. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also : and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8. Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9. Jesus saitb unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me, hath seen the Father. And how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10. Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me ? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of inyself : but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me : or else believe me for the very work's sake.
12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall be do
be in you.
St. LUKE, XXII.
ST. JOHN, XIV. also. And greater works than these shall he do: because I go unto my Father.
13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do: that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. If ye shall ask anything in my name I will do it.
15. ( If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another com. forter that he may abide with you for ever.
17. Even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive ; because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him. But ye know him : for he dwelleth with you, and shall
18. I will not leave you comfort. less. I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while ; and the world seeth me no more : but ye see me. Because I live, ye shall live also.
20. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father; and ye in me; and I in you.
21. He that hath my command. ments and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father : and I will love him, and will mani. fest myself to him.
22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, How is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words : and my Father will love him : and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24. He that loveth me not, keepeth not my sayings; and the word which ye hear is not mine ; but the Father's which sent me.
25. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father
will send in my name, he shall (1) J. XV. 26.
teach you all things, and bring all XVI. 7, P. 158. things to your remembrance what.
soever I have said unto you. (1)
27. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you : not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled : neither let it be afraid.
28. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice ; because I said, I go unto the Father : formy Father is greater than I.
29. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
St. MATTHEW, XXVI.
ST. MARK, XIV.
ST. LUKE, XXII.
ST. JOHN XV., 30. Hereafter I will not talk much with you, for the Prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
31. But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.
CHAP. XV. 1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away : and every branch that beareth fruit he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine ; no more can ye except ye abide in me.
5. I am the vine, Ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit : for without me ye can do nothing.
6. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered : and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit : 80 shall ye bo my disciples.
9. As the Father hath loved me; 80 have I loved you ; continue ye in
10. If ye keep my commandments ye shall abide in my love : even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might he full.
12. This is my commandment, that ye love one another; as I have loved you.
13. Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for his friends.
14. Ye are my friends if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15. Henceforth I call you not servants : for the servant knoweth pot what his Lord doeth. But I have called you friends : for all things that I have heard of my Father have made known unto you.
16. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatsoever ye shall ask of