« ElőzőTovább »
St. MATTHEW, XXIV.
ST. JOHN, XIII.
St. MARK, XII., XIII.
St. LUKE, XXI.
CHAP. XXI. (from P. 135).
the rich men casting their gifts
42. And there came a certain 2. And he saw also a certain
43. And he called unto him his
they all :
abundance cast in unto the offer.
all the living that she bad.
1. And Jesus went out, and 1. And as he went out of the 5. And as some spake of the departed from the temple : temple, one of his disciples saith temple how it was adorned with and his disciples came to him for unto him, Master, see what manner goodly stones and gifts, he said, to show him the buildings of the of stones, and what buildings are tomple.
here! 2." And Jesus said unto them, 2. And Jesus answering, said See ye not all these things ? unto him, seest thou these great 6. As for these things which Verily I say unto you, There shall buildings ?
ye behold, the days will come in not be left here one stone upon There shall not be left one stone the which there shall not be left another that shall not be thrown upon another that shall not be one stone upon another that shall down. thrown down.
not be thrown down. 3. | And as he sat upon the 3. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives
mount of Olives, over against the
temple, the disciples came unto him pri- Peter and James and John and vately, saying, Andrew asked him privately,
7. And they asked him, saying, Tell us when shall these things 4. Tell us, When shall these Master, But when shall these be ? and what shall be the sign of things be ? and what shall be the things be? And what sign will thy coming, and of the end of the sign when all these things shall there be when these things shall world : be fulfilled ?
come to pass ? 4. And Jesus answered and said 5. And Jesus answering them, unto them, Take heed that no began to say, Take heed lest any 8. And he said, Take heed that man deceive you. man deceive you.
se be not deceived : 5. For many shall come in my 6. For many shall come in my For many shall come in my name, name saying name, saying,
saying, I am Christ ; and shall deceive 1 am Christ; and shall deceive I am Christ ; many many.
and the time draweth near. Go
ye not therefore after them. 6. And ye shall hear of wars, 7. And when ye shall hear of 9. But when ye shall hear of and rumours of wars : see that ye wars, and rumours of wars, be ye wars and commotions, be not terbenot troubled : for all these things not troubled :
rified : for these things must first must come to pass : but the end for such things must needs be : come to pass : but the end is not is not yet.
but the end shall not be yet. by and by. 7. For nation shall rise against 8. For nation shall rise against 10. Then said he unto them, nation, and kingdom against king. nation, and kingdom against
king. Nation shall rise against nation; dom; and there shall be famines, dom, and there shall be
and kingdom against kingdom : and pestilences, and earthquakes, earthquakes in divers places ; 11. And great earthquakes shall
ST. JOHN, XIII,
ST. MATTHEW, XXIV.
ST. MARK, XIIL
ST. LUKE, XXI. in divers places :
and there shall be famines and be in divers places, and famines,
shall there be from heaven.
9. I But take heed to your.
12. But before all these, they 9. Then shall they deliver you selves : for they shall deliver you shall lay their hands on you, and up to be afilicted,
up to councils, and in the syna. persecute you ; delivering you up
to the synagogues, and in prisons,
for a testimony.
and shall kill you : (1)
See v. 13.
See v. 17. nations for my name's sake
10. And the Gospel must
first be published among all
11. But when they shall lead
gainsay nor resist.
12. Now the brother shall 16. And ye shall be betrayed
to be put to death.
13. And ye shall be hated of 17. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake : all men for my name's sake.
18. But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19. In your patience possess ye your souls.
11. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall
13. But he that shall endure but he that shall endure unto the unto the end, the same shall be end the same shall be saved. saved.
14. And thia Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all
Seo v. 10. the world for a witness unto all nations : and then shall the end come.
15. When ye therefore shall see 14. I But when ye shall see 20. And when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, the abomination of desolation, Jerusalem com passed with armies, spoken of by Daniel the Prophet, spoken of by Daniel the Prophet, stand in the holy place,
standing where it ought not, (whoso readeth let him under. (let him that readeth under. stand ;) stand,)
then know that the desolation
thereof is nigh. L. XXL 16, P. 139.
Sr. JOHN, XIII.
St. MATTHEW, XXIV.
ST. MARK, XIII. 16. Then let them which be in then let them that be in Judea Judea flee into the mountains : flee to the mountains :
St. LUKE, XXI. XVII.
22. For these be the days of
17. Let him which is on the 15. And let him that is on the housetop not come down to take housetop not go down into the anything out of his house. house, neither enter therein, to
18. Neither let him which is in take anything out of his house : the field return back to take his 16. And let him that is in the clothes.
field not turn back again for to
Chap. XVII., from P.142. 31. In that day he which shall be upon the house-top, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away : and he that is in the field, let bim likewise not return back.
32. Remember Lot's wife.
33. Whosoever shall seek to save his life, shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
Continued P. 142.
Chap. XXI., resumed.
suck in those days! For there
24. And they shall fall by the
times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. 20. But pray ye that your flight 18. And pray ye that your
Continued P. 141. be not in the winter ;
flight be not in the winter. neither on the sabbath day;
21. For then shall be great 19. For in those days shall be tribulation, such as was not since affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the world to this the beginning of the creation time,
which God created unto this time; no, nor ever shall be.
neither shall be. 22. And except those days 20. And except that the Lord should be shortened there should had shortened those days, no flesh no flesh be saved: but for the should be saved : but for the elect's sake
elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, those days shall be shortened. he bath shortened the days.
Chap. XVII., from P. 119. 20. And when he was de. manded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come ; he answered them, and said : The kingdom of God cometh not with observation :
23. Then if any man shall say 21. And then if any man shall 21. Neither shall they say, Lo unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or say to you, Lo, here is Christ, or here ! or, Lo there! thoro i
Lo, he is there?
28. For wheresoover the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered
See L. XVII., 37, P. 142, 143. together.
Chap. XXI., from P. 140. 29. Immediately after the tribu. 24. But in those days, after that 25. | And there shall be signs in lation of those days shall the sun be tribulation, the sun shall be dark. the sun, darkened, and the moon shall not ened, and the moon shall not give and in the moon, give her light,
and upon the earth distress of
26. Men's hearts failing them for
earth. and the powers of the heavens shall and the powers that are in heaven For the powers of heaven shall be be shaken. shall be shaken.
shaken. 30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven : and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn: And they shall see the Son of man 26. And then shall they see the 27. And then shall they see the coming in the clouds of heaven, (1) Son of man coming in the clouds, Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. with great power and glory. with power and great glory.
28. And when these things begin to come to pass ; then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemp
tion draweth nigh. 31. And he shall send his angels, 27. And then shall be send his with a great sound of a trumpet, () M IY. 17.
ST. JOHN, XIIL
St. MATTHEW, XXIV.
St. MARK, XIII.
St. LUKE, XXL, XVII. and they shall gather together his angels, and shall gather together Chap. XXI., continued. elect from the four winds, from one his elect from the four winds, from 29. And he spake to them a end of heaven to the other.
the uttermost part of the earth to parable :
the uttermost part of heaven. Behold the fig tree, and all the trees : 32. Now learn a parable of the sig 28. Now learn a parable of the fig 30. When they now shoot forth, tree : When his branch is yet tender, tree: When her branch is yet tender, ge see and know of your own selves and putteth forth leaves, ye know and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is now nigh at hand. that summer is nigh :
that summer is near :
33. So likewise ye, when ye shall 29. So ye, in like manner, when 31. So likewise ye, when yo see see all these things, know that it is ye shall see these things come to these things come to pass, know ye near : even at the doors.
pass, know that it is nigh ; even at that the kingdom of God is nigh at
all be fulfilled. 35. Heaven and earth shall pass 31. Heaven and earth shall pass 33. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my word shall not pass away, but iny words shall not pass away : but my words shall not pass away. away.
away. 36. | But of that day and hour 32. [ But of that day, and that
Continued P. 143. knoweth no man; no, not the angels hour, knoweth no man : no, not the of heaven ;
angels which are in heaven
neither the Son ; but my Father only, but the Father.
Chap. XVII., from P. 141. 37. But as the days of Noe were, 80 shall also the coming of the Son
26. And as it was in the days of man be.
of Noe, so shall it be also in the 38. For as in the days that were
days of the Son of man. before the flood they were eating
27. They did eat, they drank, and drinking, marrying, and giving
they married wives, they were in marriage, until the day that Noe
given in marriage, until the day entered into the ark,
that Noe entered into the ark, 39. And knew not until the flood
and the flood came and destroyed came and took them all away ;
28. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded :
29. But, the same day that Lot went out of Sodom, it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30. Even thus shall it be in the 80 shall also the coming of the Son
day when the Son of man is of man be.
Continued P. 140.
40. Then shall two be in the field ; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Chap. XVII., from P. 140.
34. I tell you, in that night, there shall be twomen in one bed: the one shall be taken, and the other left.
36. Two men shall be in the (Verse 86 not in any field : the one shall be taken, and of the old MSS.the other left.
37. And they answered and said