« ElőzőTovább »
ST. JOHN, XIII.
St. MATTHEW, XXI.
ST. MARK, XII.
St. LUKE, XX., XIV. 38. But when the husbandmen 7. But those husbandmen said 14. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among among themselves,
saw him, they reasoned among themselves, This is the heir; This is the heir ; come let us kill themselves, saying, This is the come let us kill him, and let us him, and the inheritance shall be heir; come, let us kill him, that seize on his inheritance.
the inheritance may be ours. 39. And they caught him, and 8. And they took him, and 15. So they cast him out of the cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him, and cast him out of vineyard and killed him. slew him.
the vineyard. 40. When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will 9. What shall therefore the What therefore shall the lord of he do unto those husbandmen ? lord of the vineyard do?
the vineyard do unto them? 41. They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those He will come, and destroy the 16. He shall come and destroy wicked men ; and will let out his husbandmen, and will give the these husbandmen; and shall vineyard unto other husbandmen, vineyard unto others.
give the vineyard to others. which shall render him the fruits in their seasone.
And when they heard it, they
said, God forbid. 42. Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, 10. And have ye not read this 17. And he beheld them, and The stone which the builders scripture, The stone which the said, What is this then that is rejected, the same is become the builders rejected is become the written, head of the corner : This is the head of the corner ;
The stone which the builders Lord's doing, and it is marvellous 11. This was the Lord's doing, rejected, the same is become the in our eyes ?
and it is marvellous in our eyes ? head of the corner ? 43. Therefore say I unto you, the kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. $44. And whosoever shall fall
18. Whosoever shall fall upon on this stone shall be broken: but
that stone shall be broken : but on on whomsoever it shall fall, it will
whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
grind him to powder. 45. And when the chief Priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake
19. q And the chief Priests and of them.
the scribes the same hour sought
the parable against them: and they spoken this parable against them.
Continued P. 131.
ST. LUKE, XX., XIV.
ST. JOHN, XIII. 4. And they held their peace. And he took him and healed him; and let him go :
5. And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will M. XII. 11. not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?
6. And they could not answer him again to these things.
7. | And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden; when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms : saying unto them,
8. When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room : lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
9. And he that bade thee and him come, and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin, with shame, to take the lowest room.
10. But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher : then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11. For whosoever exalteth M. XXIII, 12. himself shall be abased : and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
12. Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper ; call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neigh. bours ; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompense be made thee,
13. But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind :
14. And thou shalt be blessed : for they cannot recompense thee : for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
15. And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things; he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.
1. And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables; and said,
16. Then said he unto him,
ST. MARK, XII.
ST. LUKE, XX., XIV.
ST. JOHN, XIII.
Acertain man made a great supper, and bade many.
17. And sent his servant at supper time, to say to them that were bidden, Come;
St. MATTHEW, XXII. 2. The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
3. And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding. And they would not come.
4. Again he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold I have prepared my dinner : my oxen and my fatlings are killed : and all things are ready. Come unto the marriage.
5. But they made light of it; and went their ways : one to his farm ;
for all things are now ready.
another to his merchandize :
18. And they all with one consent, began to make excuse ; The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground; and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
19. And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen ; and I go to prove them ; I pray thee have me excused.
20. And another said, I have married a wife ; and therefore I cannot come.
6. And the remnant took his servants and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7. But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth : and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8. Then said he to his servants, The wedding is ready ; but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
21. So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant; Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
22. And the servant said, Lord it is done as thou hast commanded; and yet there is room.
23. And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highwaysand hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
10. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all, as many as they found, both bad and good : and the wedding was furnished with guests.
24. For I say unto you that none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper,
Continued P. 55.
11. And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment;
12. And he saith unto him,
ST. JOHN, XIII.
St. MATTHEW, XXII.
St. MARK, XIJ.
ST. LUKE, XX. Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment ? and he was speechless.
13. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness : there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14. Formany are called, but few M. XX. 16. are chosen.
15. I Then went the Pharisees and took counsel how they might
Chap. XX., from P. 128. entangle him in his talk.
20. And they watched him, 16. And they sent out unto him 13. 4 And they send unto him and sent forth spies, which should their disciples, with the Herodians, certain of the Pharisees and of the feign themselves just men ; Herodians,
that they might take hold of his to catch him in his words, words ; that so they might deliver
him unto the power and authority
14. And when they were come, of the Governor. saying, Master, We know that thou they say unto him ; Master, We 21. And they asked him, say, art true, and teachest the way of know that thou art true ; and ing, Master, We know that thou God in truth; neither carest thou carest for noman; for thou regard sayest and teachest rightly ; for any man: for thou regardest est not the person of men ; but neither acceptest thou the person not the person of men. teachest the way of God in truth: of any; but teachest the way of
God truly : 17. Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou ; Is it lawful to give Is it lawful to give tribute to 22. Is it lawful for us to give tribute unto Cæsar; or not? Cæsar, or not?
tribute unto Cæsar ; or no ?
15. Shall we give ? or shall we 18. But Jesus perceived their not give ? But he, knowing their 23. Bat he perceived their wickedness; and said ; Why tempt hypocrisy, said unto them; Why craftiness and said unto them; ye me, tempt ye me?
Why tempt ye me? ye hypocrites ? 19. Shew me the tribute money. Bring me a penny, that I may
24. Shew me a penny. see it. And they brought unto him a 16. And they brought it. penny.
20. And he said unto them, And he saith unto them, Whose Whose image and superscription Whose is this image and super. is this image and superscription ? hath it? They answered, and scription ?
said, Cæsar's. 21. They say unto him, Cæsar's. And they said unto him, Cæsar's. 25. And he said unto them, Then saith he unto them;
17. And Jesus answering, said Render therefore unto Cæsar the Render therefore unto Cæsar the unto them, Render to Cæsar the things which be Cæsar's; and unto things which are Cæsar's; and unto things that are Cæsar's and to God God the things which be God's. God the things that are God's. the things that are God's.
26. And they could not take
hold of his words before the people : 22. When they had heard these And they marvelled at him. words, they marvelled,
and they marvelled at his answer, and left him, and went their
and held their peace. way.
23. The same day, came to 18. I Then come unto him the 27. Then came to him certain of
there is any resurrection ; and and asked him ;
and they asked him, saying; they asked him, 24. Saying, Master, Moses said, 19. Master, Moses wrote unto 28. Saying; Master, Moses If a man die, having no children, us, If a man's brother die, and wrote unto us ; If any man's his brother
leave his wifebehind him, and leave brother die, having a wife, and he
no children, that his brother should die without children ; that his shall marry his wife, and raise up take his wife, and raise up seed brother should take his wife, and seed unto his brother. unto his brother.
seed unto his brother. 25. Now there were with us 20. Now there were
29. There were therefore seven seven brethren : and the first when brethren ;
brethren ; he had married a wife, deceased ; and the first took a wife;
and the first took a wife, and, having no issue, left his wife and dying, left no seed.
and died without children.
St. MATTHEW, XXII.
St. MARK, XII.
ST. JOHN, XIII. unto his brother :
21. And the second took her, 30. And the second took her to 26. Likewise the second also ; and died: neither left he any seed: wife ; and he died childless. and the third ; and the third likewise ;
31. And the third took her : and unto the seventh.
22. And the seven had her ; in like manner the geven also : and and left no seed :
they left no children ; and died. 27. And last of all the woman last of all, the woman died also. 32. Last of all, the woman died also.
died also. 28. Therefore, in the resur. 23. In the resurrection there. 33. Therefore in the resurrecrection,
fore, when they shall rise, Whose tion, Whose wife of them is she ? whose wife shall she be of the wife shall she be of them? For For seven had her to wife. seven ?
the seven had her to wife. For they all had her.
29. Jesus answered and said 24. And Jesus answering, said 34. And Jesus answering, said
scriptures, neither the power of
The children of this world marry,
35. But they which shall be
accounted worthy to obtain that 30. For in the resurrection they 25. For when they shall rise world and the resurrection from neither marry, nor are given in from the dead, they neither marry, the dead, neither marry nor are marriage, nor are given in marriage, given in marriage.
36. Neither can they die any more :
for they are equal unto the angels : but are as the angels of God in but are as the angels which are in heaven. heaven.
and are the children of God : being the children of the resur. rection.
37. Now, that the dead are 31. But as touching the resur. 26. And as touching the dead, raised
even Moses rection of the dead, have ye not that they rise, have ye not read shewed at the bush read that which was spoken unto in the book of Moses, how in the when he called the Lord you by God ; saying,
bush God spake unto him, saying, the God of Abraham, and the 32. I am the God of Abraham, I am the God of Abraham, and God of Isaac and the God of and the God of Isaac, and the God the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. of Jacob? Jacob?
38. For he is not a God of the God is not the God of the dead, 27. He is not the God of the dead, dead,
but of the living : but of the living.
but the God of the living : for all live unto him.
Yo therefore do greatly err.
34. But when tho Pharisees 28. [ And one of the Scribes 39. Then certain of the 1. XXIL. 86.
reasoning together, and perceiving Master, Thou hast well said. they were gathered together. that he had answered them well,
40. And after that they durst
Continued P. 134.
Chap. X., from P. 68. 35. Then one of them, which
25. And behold a certain Mk. XIL 28, P. 132. was a lawyer asked him a question,
lawyer stood up, and tempted tempting him ; asked him,
him, saying, Master, what shall 36. Master, which is the great Which is the first commandment I do to inherit eternal life? commandment in the law? of all ?
26. He said unto him, What 37. Jesus said unto him,
29. And Jesus answered him, is written in the law? How