« ElőzőTovább »
ST. LUKE, XIX.
Sr. MATTHEW, XXI.
ST. MARK, XI.
M. XXVI. 38. 39.
L. XXII. 43. P. 162.
ST. JOHN, XII. let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be. If any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
27. Now is my soul troubled : and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour : but for this cause
came I unto this hour.
28. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
29. The people therefore, that stood by and heard it, said, that it thundered : others said, An angel spake to him.
30. Jesus answered, and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
31. Now is the judgment of this world ; now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
32. And I, if I be lifted up, will draw all men unto me.
33. This he said, signifying wbat death he should die.
34. The people answered him, We have heard out of the law, that Christ abideth for ever : and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of man?
35. Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light; lest darkness come upon you : for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
36. While ye have light, believe in the light; that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.
37. | But though he had done 80 many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him :
38. That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Who hath believed our report? and, To whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed ?
39. Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
40. He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart : that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted ; and I should heal them,
41. These things said Esaias St. MATTHEW, XXI.
Sr. MARK, XI.
St. LUKE, XIX.
ST. JOHN, XII. when he saw his glory, and spake of him.
42. 1 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him: but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue.
43. For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
44. [Jesus cried and said, He that believethon me, believeth not on me, bat on him that sent me.
46. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not, for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, bath one that judgeth him : the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him at the last day.
49. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a command. ment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50. And I know that his com. mandment is life everlasting. Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, 80 I speak.
For Chap. XIII., see P. 151.
From P. 122. 41. 1 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
42. Saying, if thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things, which belong unto thy peace! But now they are hid from thine eyes.
43. For the days shall come
upon thee, that thine enemies L XXI. 20. P. 139. . shall cast a trench about thee, and
com pass thee round, and keep thee in on every side ;
44. And they shall lay thee even with the ground ; and thy
children within thee : and they L. XXI. 6. P. 138.
shall not leave in thee one stone upon another :
because thou knewest not the time of thy visi. tation,
10. And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this?
11. And the multitudesaid, This is Jesus the prophet, of Nazareth, of Galilee.
11. And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple : And when he had looked round about upon all (1) (1) Ses v 15,
St. MATTHEW, XXI.
St. MARK, XI.
ST. JOHN, XIII.
Continued P. 126.
salem. 12. | And Jesus went into the And Jesus went into the temple, 45. And he went into the tem. temple of God and cast out all and began to cast out them that ple, and began to cast out them See J. II., 14, 15, 16, P. 22, them that sold and bought in the sold and bought in the temple ; that sold therein, and them that temple; and overthrew the tables and overthrew the tables of the bought, of the money changers ; and the money changers; and the seats of seats of them that sold doves: (1) them that sold doves ;
16. And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
46. Saying unto them, 13. And said unto them,
17. And he taught, saying unto It is written, My house It is written, My house shall be them, Is it not written, My house
is the house of prayer, called the house of prayer, shall be called of all nations, the but ye have made it a den of but ye have made it a den of house of prayer ? But ye have thieves. thieves.
made it a den of thieves. 14. And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple : and he healed them.
47. And he taught daily in the 15. And when the chief priests 18. And the Scribes and chief temple. But the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful priests heard it, and sought how and the Scribes, and the chief of
J. XI., 57, P. 117. things that he did, and the chil. they might destroy him ; for they the people sought to destroy him : dren crying in the temple : and feared him because all the people saying, Hosanna to the Son of was astonished at his doctrine. David; they were sore displeased; 16. And said unto him, Hearest
48. And could not find what thou what these say? And Jesus
they might do : for all the people saith unto them, Yea : have ye
were very attentive to hear him. never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise ?
For Chap. XX., see P. 126. 17. | And he left them, and went out of the city, into
19. And when even was come Bethany; and he lodged there (2) he went out of the city.
Continued P. 126.
Chap. X., from P. 134. 38. I Now it came to pass J. XII. 1, 2, 3. P. 148. 149. as they went, that he entered M. XXI. '17. into a certain village : and a Mk. XI. 11, 19. P. 125. certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39. And she had & sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40. But Martha was cum. bered about much serving; and came to him and said, Lord, Dost thou not care that my sis. ter hath left me to serve alone ? Bid her therefore that she help
41. And Jesus answered, and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things :
42. But one thing is needful :
and Mary hath chosen that (1) See J. II. 14, 15, 16. P. 22.
good part, which shall not be L X 38. P. 125-XXI, 37. P. 144. 2 Mk. XI. 11. P. 125.
taken away from her. J. XII, 1. P. 149.
For Chap. XI., see Page 37.
ST. JOHN XIII.
St. MATTHEW, XXI.
ST. MARK, XI.
ST. LUKE, XX. Chap. XI., from P. 125. 18. Now in the morning, as he 12. And on the morrow, returned into the city, he hungred. when they were
Bethany, he was hungry :
off, having leaves ; he came,
thereon : and when he came to and found nothing thereon but it, he found nothing but leaves ; leaves only;
for the time of figs was not yet. and said unto it,
14. And Jesus answered, and Let no fruit grow on thee hence- said unto it, No man eat fruit forward for ever.
of thee hereafter for ever. And
Continued P. 125.
they passed by, they saw the fig
tree dried up from the roots. 20. And when the disciples saw 21. And Peter calling to reit, they marvelled, saying, How membrance, saith unto him, soon is the fig tree withered away! Master, Behold the fig tree
21. Jesus answered, and said which thou cursedst is withered
and be thou cast into the sea;
L. XVII. 6. P. 88.
things which he saith shall come
when ye pray, believe that ye ye shall receive.
receive them ; and ye shall have
See P. 37.
CHAP. XX. from P. 125. 23. And when he was come 27. | And they come again to into the temple,
And as he was walking in the 1. And it came to pass that on the chief Priests and the Elders temple, there come to him the one of those days, as he taught of the people came unto him as chief Priests, and the Scribes, the people in the temple, and he was teaching, and said, By and the Elders,
preached the gospel, what authority doest thou these 28. And say unto him, By the chief priests and the scribes things ? and Who gave thee this what authority doest thou these came upon him, with the elders, authority ?
things ? and who gave thee this 2. And spake unto him, saying,
authority to do these things ? Tell us by what authority doest 24. And Jesus answered, and 29. And Jesus answered and thou these things ? Or, who is he said unto them, I also will ask said unto them, I will also ask that gave thee this authority ? you one thing, which if ye tell of you one question ; and answer 3. And he answered and said me, I in the like wise will tell me, and I will tell you by what unto them, I will also ask you one you by what authority I: do authority I do these things. thing; these things.
30. The baptism of John ; Was and answer me : 25. The baptism of John, it from heaven, or of men ? 4. The baptism of John, was it whence was it ? From heaven, or Answer me.
from heaven, or of men ? of men ? And they reasoned 31. And they reasoned with 5. And they reasoned with with themselves, saying, If we themselves saying, If we shall themselves, saying, If we shall shall say, from heaven, he will say, from heaven, he will say, say, From heaven, he will say, say unto us, Why did ye not then Why then did ye not believe Why then believed ye him not? believe him?
him? 26. But if we shall say, of men? 32, But if we shall say, of men,
6. But and we say, Of men,
all the (1) M, XY II, 20.
ST. JOHN, XIII.
ST. MATTHEW, XXI.
ST. MARK, XII.
ST. LUKE, XX.
men counted John that he was a persuaded that John was
by what authority I do these thority I do these things.
things. 28. But what think ye? A certain man had two sons : and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to-day in my vineyard.
29. He answered and said, I will not : but afterwards he repented, and went.
30. And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, Sir. And went not.
31. Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, that the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
32. For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not. But the publicans and the harlots believed him. And ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.
CHAP. XII. 33. | Hear another parable : There was a certain householder 1. And he began to speak unto 9. Then began he to speak to which planted a vineyard; and them by parables. A certain man the people this parable : hedged it round about; and digged planted a vineyard ; and set an A certain man planted a vineyard, & winepress in it; and built' hedge about it; and digged a a tower; and let it out to hus. place for the winefat; and built bandmen; and went to a far a tower; and let it out to bus. and let it forth to husbandmen ; country.
bandmen ; and went into a far and went into a far country, for a 34. And when the time of the country.
long time. fruit drew near, he sent his 2. And at the season he sent 10. And, at the season, he sent servants to the husbandmen, that to the husbandmen a servant, a servant to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of that he might receive from the they should give him of the fruit it.
husbandmen of the fruit of the of the vineyard. 35. And the husbandmen took vineyard. his servants, and beat one ; and 3. And they caught him and But the husbandmen beat him, and killed another ; and stoned beat him, and sent him away sent him away empty. another.
empty. 36. Again hesentother servants 4. And again he sent unto them 11. And again he sent another more than the first;
another servant; and at him servant; and they beat him also,
they cast stones; and wounded him and entreated him shamefully; and they did unto them likewise. in the head ; and sent him away and sent him away empty.
5. And again he sent another : 12. And again he sent a third. and him they killed : and many And they wounded him also, and
others; beating some; and killing cast him out. 37. But last of all be sent unto 6. Having yet therefore one 13. Then said the lord of the them his son ;
son, his well-beloved, he sent vineyard, What shall I do? I will saying, They will reverence my him also last unto them ; saying, send my beloved son. It may be They will reverence my son. they will reverence him when they