« ElőzőTovább »
St. MATTHEW, XX.
ST. MARK, X. ST. LUKE, IX., XVIII., XXII. ST. JOHN, XII.
command fire to come down
55. [But he turned and re-
56. (For the Son of man is
(Verse 56 is wanting in e went to another village.]
Continued P. 45. Jerusalem took the twelve disci. And he took again the twelve, ples apart in the way, and said and began to tell them what unto them,
things should happen unto him; Chap. XVIII. from P. 116.
33. Saying, Behold, we go up 31. Then he took unto him 18. Behold, we go up to Jeru. to Jerusalem; and the Son of the twelve, and said unto them, salem ; and the Son of man shall man shall be delivered unto the Behold, we go up to Jerusalem ; be betrayed unto the chief Priests, chief Priests, and unto the Scribes; and all things that are written by and unto the Scribes ; and they and they shall condemn him to the Prophets concerning the Son shall condemn him to death; death : and shall deliver him to of man shall be accomplished.
the Gentiles : 19. And deliver him to the 34. And they shall mock him ; 32. For he shall be delivered Gentiles to mock; and to scourge; and shall scourge him ;
unto the Gentiles and mocked ;
and spitefully entreated ; and and shall spit upon him ;
spitted on; and to crucify him, and shall kill him ;
33. And they shall scourge
and the third day he shall rise
34. And they understood none
was hid from them : neither knew 20. | Then came to him the 35. And James and John, they the things which were spoken. mother of Zebedee's children with the sons of Zebedee, come unto her sons, worshipping him, and him saying, Master, We would
Continued P. 119. desiring a certain thing of him. that thou shouldest do for us
whatsoever we shall desire. 21. And he said unto her,
36. And he said unto them, What wilt thou ?
What would ye that I should do
for you? She saith unto him,
37. They said unto him,
Chap. XXII., from P. 153. Grant that these my two sons Grant unto us that we may sit, 24. And there was also a may sit the one on thy right hand, one on thy right hand, and the Rtrife among them, which of and the other on the left, in thy other on thy left hand, in thy them should be accounted the kingdom. glory.
greatest. 22. ButJesus answered, and said, 38. But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask : Ye know not what ye ask : Are ye able to drink of the cup Can ye drink of the cup that I that I shall drink of,
drink of? [and to be baptized with the bap. And be baptized with the baptism tism that I am baptized with ?]* that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. 39. And they say unto him,
23. And he saith unto them, And Jesus said unto them, Ye Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, shall indeed drink of the cup that [and be baptized with the baptism I drink of, and with the baptism that I am baptized with :)+ that I am baptized withal, shall
ye be baptized : but to sit on my right hand, and 40. But to sit on my right hand on my left, is not inine to give : and on my left hand, is not mine but it shall be given to them for to give ; but it shall be given to whom it is prepared of my Father. them for whom it is prepared.
24. And when the ten heard it, 41. And when the ten heard it, * These lines not in Alford's Version. † Nor these.
ST. JOHN, XII.
St. MATTHEW, XX.
St. MARK, X Sr. LUKE., XXII., XVII., XVIII. they were moved with indignation they began to be much displeased against the two brethren.
with James and John. 25. But Jesus called them unto 42. But Jesus called them to him, and said, him, and saith unto them,
25. And he said unto them, Ye know that the princes of Ye know that they which are
the Gentiles exercise dominion accounted to rule over the Gen. over them; and they that are tiles exercise lordship over them; The kings of the Gentiles exercise great exercise authority upon and their great ones exercise lordship over them: and they that them. authority upon them.
exercise authority upon them,
are called benefactors. 26. But it shall not be 80 43. But 80 shall it not be 26. But ye shall not be so : but among you : but whosoever will among you ; but whosoever will he that is greatest among you, let be great among you, let him be be great among you shall be your him be as the younger ; your minister:
minister : 27. And whosoever will be 44. And whosoever of you will chief among you, let him be your be the chiefest, shall be the and he that is chief, as he that servant. servant of all.
Chap. XVII. from P. 96.
12. And as he entered into a
13. And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
14. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go, shew your. selves unto the priests. And it came to pass that, as they went, they were cleansed.
15. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glori. fied God.
16. And fell down on his face, at his feet, giving him thanks. And he was a Samaritan.
17. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed ! But where are the nine ?
18. There are not found' that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
19. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made the whole.
Continued P. 140.
ST. JOHN, XII.
St. MATTHEW, XX.
St. MARK, X
Sr. LUKE, XVIII., XIX. 29. And as they departed from and as he went out of Jericho, Jericho, a great multitude fol- with his disciples, and a great lowed him. (1)
number of people, 30. And behold two blind blind Bartimeus, the son of a certain blind man men, sitting by the way side, Timeus, sat by the highway side, sat by the way side begging. begging
36. And hearing the multitude when they heard Jesus passed by, 47. And when he heard that it pass by he asked what it meant. was Jesus of Nazareth,
37. And they told him that cried out, saying, Have mercy on he began to cry out, and say, Jesus of Nazareth passeth by. us, O Lord, thou Son of David.(2) Jesus, thou Son of David, have 38. And he cried, saying, Jesus, mercy on me.
thou Son of David, have mercy 31. And the multitude rebuked 48. And many charged him them, because they should hold that he should hold his peace : 39. And they which went be. their peace : but they cried the but he cried the more a great fore, rebuked him, that he should more, saying, Have mercy on us, deal, Thou Son of David, have hold his peace : O Lord, thou Son of David. mercy on me.
but he cried so much the more,
Thou Son of David have mercy 32. And Jesus stood still,
49. And Jesus stood still, and 40. And Jesus stood, and com. and called them,
commanded him to be called. manded him to be brought unto
50. And he, casting away his
51. And Jesus answered, and And when ho was come near, he and said, What will yo that I said unto him, What wilt thou asked him. should do unto you? that I should do unto thee?
41. Saying, What wilt thou 33. They say unto him, Lord, The blind man said unto him, that I shall do unto thee? And that our eyes may be opened. Lord, that I might receive my he said, Lord, that I may receive sight.
my sight. 34. So Jesus had compassion 52. And Jesus said unto him, 42. And Jesus said unto him, on them,
Go thy way: thy faith hath Receive thy sight : thy faith and touched their eyes : made thee whole.
hath saved thee.
M. XX, 29.
2. And behold there was a man
3. And he sought to see Jesus, who he was ; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.
4. And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see him ; for he was to pass
5. And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zaccheus, make haste, and come down, for to-day I must abide at thy house.
6. And he made haste, and came down and received him joyfully.
(1) L. XIX. 1. P. 120. (2) M. IX. 27.
St. MATTHEW, XXI.
St. MARK, XI.
St. LUKE, XIX.
ST. JOHN, XII. 7. And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.
8. And Zaccheus stood, and said unto the Lord, Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor : and if I have taken any. thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him four fold.
9. And Jesus said unto him,
also is a son of Abraham.
to seek and to save that which
Continued P. 145.
Chap. XIX., from P. 147. 1. And when they drew nigh 1. And when they came nigh 29. And it came to pass, when unto Jerusalem ; and were come to Jerusalem, unto Bethphage and he was come nigh to Betbphage to Bethphage
Bethany, at the mount of Olives, and Bethany, at the mount unto the mount of Olives ; then he sendeth forth two of his dis- called the mount of Olives, he sent sent Jesus two disciples, ciples :
two of his disciples, 2. Saying unto them, Go into 2. And saith unto them, Go
30. Saying, Go ye into the the village over against you, and your way into the village over village over against you, in the straightway ye shall find an ass against you ; and as soon as ye be which at your entering ye shall Chap. XII., from P.122. tied and a colt with her. Loqse entered into it, ye shall find a find a colt tied, whereon yet
14. And Jesus, when them and bring them unto me. colt tied, whereon never man sat: never man sat: loose him, and he had found a young 3. And if any man say aught loose him and bring him.
bring him hither.
ass, sat thereon ; unto you, ye shall say, The Lord 3. And if any man say unto 31. And if any man ask you, hath need of them: and straight- you, Why do ye this? say ye, that Why do ye loose him, Thus shall way he will send them. the Lord hath need of him ;
ye say unto him, Because the 4. All this was done that it and straightway he will send him Lord hath need of him. might be fulfilled which was hither. spoken by the prophet saying,
as it is written, 5. Tell ye the daughter of Sion,
15. Fear not, daughter Behold thy king cometh unto thee,
of Sion; Behold thy kiog meek and sitting upon an ass, and
cometb, sitting on a colt the foal of an ass.
16. These things un. derstood not his disciples at the first : but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him: and that they had done these things unto him.
Continued P. 122. 6. And the disciples went, and 4. And they went their way, 32. And they that were sent did as Jesus commanded them. and found the colt tied by the went their way, and found even
door without, in a place where as he had said unto them.
the colt the owners thereof said
34. And they said,
Jesus thereon. and they set him thereon. and he sat upon him,
8. And many
in the way.
in the way.
Sr. MATTHEW, XXI.
St. MARK, XI.
ST. JOHN, XII.
36. And as they went,
From P. 151.
12. [ On the next day much people that were come to the
feast, when they heard that others cut down branches from and others cut down branches
Jesus was coming to Jerusathe trees, and strawed them off the trees, and strawed them
13. Took branches of palm
trees, and went forth to meet
37. And when he was come him.
whole multitude of the disci-
God with a loud voice for all
38. Saying, Blessed be the and cried, Hosanna : Blessed is 10. Blessed be the kingdom King* that cometh in the the King of Israel, that cometh of our Father David, that name of the Lord :
in the name of the Lord. (2) cometh in the name of the peace in heaven and glory in Continued P. 121. Hosanna in the highest. Lord : Hosanna in the highest. the highest.
From P. 121.
17. The people therefore Continued P. 124.
that was with him when he called Lazarus out of his grave and raised him from the dead, bare record.
18. For this cause the people also met him, for that they heard that he had done this
miracle. 39. And some of the Phari. 19. The Pharisees therefore sees from among the multitude said among themselves, Persaid unto him, Master, rebuke ceive ye_how ye prevail nothy disciples.
thing? Behold the world is 40. And he answered, and gono after him. said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
20. And there were cerContinued P. 124. tain Greeks among them that
came up to worship at the feast :
21. The same came therefore to Philip which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, Wewould see Jesus.
22. Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.
23. And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come that the Son of man should be glorified.
24. Verily, verily, I say un. to you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground, and die, it abideth alone : but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
25. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that bateth his life in this world, shall keep it unto life eternal. (3)
26. If any man serve me, Seo notos J. VI. 15. P. 75.
(1) J. II. 13; V. 1; VII. 10.
XII. 12."- } 5 visits