Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appears Aquinas authority become believe Bible body called cause century character Christ Christian church City connection course criticism divine doctrine effect eternal ethical existence experience expression fact faith Father feeling give given Greek hand heart Holy human idea important influence interest Israel Jesus Jews John knowledge labor less Letter living Lord matter means method mind moral nature never object once organic original Park passed philosophy position possible present principle Professor punishment question race reader reason referred regard relation religion religious represents result Scripture seems sense society soul speak Spirit suffer teaching Testament theology theory things thought tion true truth University whole writings
21. oldal - If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.
199. oldal - For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, and he pondereth all his goings.
552. oldal - Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect ? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth ? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
477. oldal - Let it simply be asked, where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths, which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice ? And let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained •without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure ; reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of...
111. oldal - For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven ; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble ; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
26. oldal - Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. "And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
137. oldal - And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other ; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
553. oldal - ... given us grace at this time with one accord to make our common supplications unto thee; and dost promise that when two or three are gathered together in thy Name thou wilt grant their requests; Fulfil now...