Discourses on the Christian Revelation Viewed in Connexion with the Modern Astronomy: Together with Six Sermons Embracing the Last Occasioned by the Death of the Princess Charlotte of Wales
Mark Newman. Flagg & Gould, printers, 1818 - 344 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accomplishment actual admitted appears argument assertion attempt attention authority bear believe benevolence Bible bring brought carry cause character Christ Christian circumstances comes conceive direct distance distinct doctrine earth effect established eternity evidence exercise existence experience face fact faith fathers feel field forward give given glory Gospel ground habits hand heart heaven human impression individual infidel influence interest Jesus kind light limits living look Lord ment mighty mind miracles moral nature never object observation offer philosophy poor present principle profession question receive record religion rest Saviour single Society species speculation spirit stand strength suffer sure tell Testament testimony thing thou tion true truth turn understanding universe unto whole wisdom wonderful writers written
155. oldal - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness : but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
154. oldal - Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
154. oldal - And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven : and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it...
152. oldal - Sirs, why do ye these things ? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein : who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.
157. oldal - But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
154. oldal - Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: but he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.
206. oldal - And many people shall go and say, 'Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths:' for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
150. oldal - He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.
155. oldal - The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb...