A Revised Translation and Interpretation of the Sacred Scriptures, After the Eastern Manner: From Current Authorities ... Shewing that the Inspired Writings Contain the Seeds of the Valuable Sciences, Being the Source Whence the Ancient Philosophers Derived Them; Also the Most Ancient Histories, and Greatest Antiquities ... Also, the Lives and Deaths of the Apostles, 3. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according angel answered apostles appear asked behold believe blessed blood body brethren bring brother brought called cast cause CHAP chief church coming command concerning dead death delivered departed desire devil disciples earth enter evil eyes faith Father fear flesh followed fruit gave Gentiles give given glory gospel grace hand hath head hear heard heart heaven Holy Spirit Jerusalem Jews John judge kill king kingdom known light live looking mind multitude opened Paul peace Peter Pharisees pray preached priests prophets received replied righteousness saith saved saying seen sent servant seven shew sins spake speak Spirit stand stood suffer tell temple thee things thou thou hast thou shalt thro took truth unto Verily voice walk whoever whole witness woman written
66. oldal - Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
576. oldal - Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony : and they loved not their lives unto the death.
164. oldal - And on the morrow, when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him: and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
148. oldal - But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again ; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
257. oldal - Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. 25. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
80. oldal - He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. 43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.
472. oldal - For what is our hope or joy or crown of rejoicing ? are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming ? For ye are our glory and joy.
265. oldal - Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut, where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.