Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Agra Allahabad amply supplied Bareilly bazaar Benares Bengal Army boats Bradshaw's Hand-Book British Calcutta Cantonment Cawnpore Civil Authority Collector cotton cross a nullah cross by ferry cross by ford cultivated country Dawks to Calcutta deep Delhi Dinapore Distances of Stages District Route edifice encamping ground enter erected Etawah European exceeding excellent road feet flows Ganges Ganges river Ghat Gwalior Hand-Book to Bombay handsome hills hilly Hindoos Hindu Historical Reminiscences Hooghly Hooghly river India intersected Jumna Jumna river jungle Khan leave left bank lies in lat Lucknow Meerut Mhow miles brings miles N.W. Mirzapore Monghyr monsoon Muttra native Nawaub North Western Nuddy nullahs Oude pass pension population Position.—It lies pucca Rajah rebel Resident right bank rises in lat river road becomes rupees sandy Sepoys Shah square miles Staging bungalow stands stream tank Territory thence cross thence proceed thence the road town traveller Umballa
55. oldal - ... may be, to grant to an ordinary Member of Council leave of absence under medical certificate, for a period not exceeding six months ; and such member, during his absence, shall retain his office, and shall, on his return and resumption of his duties, receive half his salary for the period of such absence ; but if his absence shall exceed six months, his office shall be vacated. 27.
33. oldal - Any passenger not producing or delivering ' up his ticket as aforesaid will be required to pay the fare from the ' place whence the train originally started ; and in default of payment ' thereof, shall forfeit and pay a sum not exceeding forty shillings.
56. oldal - Europe, or elsewhere, without any restrictions whatever as to the place to which they may resort^ for one month in each calendar year, without deduction from the salaries and emoluments drawn by such servants. Such leave, however, will only be granted when the government is satisfied that no inconvenience will arise from the departure of the officer seeking it No second leave can be granted under this rule, until the completion of eleven months from the expiration of the last leave...
57. oldal - Europe, or beyond Indian limits, from the date of the sailing of the vessel on which he may have embarked, from the port nearest to his station, to the date of his arrival at the same on bis return to duty.
56. oldal - ... months from the termination of the last preceding leave ; but no leave shall be granted under this rule for any period exceeding three months. If an officer shall not return at the expiration of the period of leave granted him under this rule, he shall forfeit all pay and allowances during the time of his remaining so absent without leave, and if he shall so continue absent for more than one month beyond the term granted, his office shall become vacant. Civil servants absent from their stations...
33. oldal - Station, is liable to a penalty of Twenty Rupees ; and if after being warned any person shall persist in smoking, he will be liable, In addition to the penalty of Twenty Rupees, to removal from the premises, and to the forfeiture of his Fare. 8. Any person found Intoxicated, committing a nuisance, or wilfully Interfering with the comfort of other Passengers, or obstructing any Officer of the Company, In the discharge of his duty, is liable to a penalty of Twenty Rupees, removal from the premises,...
54. oldal - After ten years' service, three years' home leave could be claimed, and there was 'leave of absence on medical certificate to any civil servant to any place in India, in Europe, or elsewhere, as he may consider most conducive to the restoration of his health without any restrictions whatever as to the place to which he may resort...
58. oldal - ... hereinafter laid down : — To Civil Servants not holding any substantive appointment, at the rate of 50 per cent, on the monthly Salary of the appointment officiated in, such Deputation Allowance being in addition to the Subsistence Allowance of their respective ranks To Civil Servants holding an office of inferior emolument, when officiating in an office of superior emolument, at the rate of 20 per cent, upon the monthly...
54. oldal - Company, he must furnish a certificate and statement to the required effect from a surgeon or physician at the place of his temporary residence by whom he has been attended, such attendance and the period of it to be stated, and the certificate to be countersigned by the examining physician of the...
57. oldal - ... annas per mile by the direct post road, according to the polymetrical tables of the post office, the bill for which allowance will be passed by the civil auditor, After the officer shall have joined the station : if required in advance, an order of the Government shall be necessary. Section XXII. The salary of office will be payable from the date only of the officer joining; but in case of junior civil servants the salary of assistants will be payable from the date of their being reported qualified...