Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able appears attention believe blessed called cause character Christ Christian church congregation consider considerable continued course death desire Dissenters divine doctrine duty effect established excellent expression faith feel friends give given Gospel grace hand happy heart heaven holy honour hope human important interesting John kind King knowledge labours late learned leave less letter light living London look Lord manner means meeting ment mind ministers moral nature never object observe once original pass persons prayer preached present principles question reason received reference religion religious respect rest Scriptures sermon Society soul spirit things thought tion truth unto volume whole
174. oldal - Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven ; And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.
56. oldal - And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; that ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
636. oldal - In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.
273. oldal - Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed on him? 49 But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed.
275. oldal - These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
510. oldal - I have commanded you, and lo ! I am with you alway, even to the end of the world.
435. oldal - Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat ? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
154. oldal - Sweet Rose, whose hue angry and brave Bids the rash gazer wipe his eye, Thy root is ever in its grave, And thou must die. Sweet Spring, full of sweet days and roses, A box where sweets compacted lie, My Music shows ye have your closes, And all must die. Only a sweet and virtuous soul, Like season'd timber, never gives ; But though the whole world turn to coal, Then chiefly lives.
183. oldal - Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works ; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
464. oldal - Truth indeed came once into the world with her Divine Master, and was a perfect shape most glorious to look on : but when he ascended, and his Apostles after him were laid asleep, then straight arose a wicked race of deceivers, who, as that story goes of the Egyptian Typhon with his conspirators, how they dealt with the good Osiris, took the virgin Truth, hewed her lovely form into a thou,sand pieces, and scattered them to the four winds. From that time ever since, the sad friends...