Sermons on the lessons, the Gospel, or the Epistle, for every Sunday in the year (for week-day festivals) preached in the parish church of Hodnet [ed. by sir R.H. Inglis].
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able Abraham actions Almighty angels apostle appear assurance attention bear become believe blessed blood body called cause charity Christ Christian Church comfort coming common consider continue danger death desire duty earth eternal evil eyes faith Father favour fear feel follow friends fruits gifts give given glory God's Gospel grace greater hand happiness hath hear heart Heaven Holy hope Jesus Jews judge judgement keep kind knowledge less light lives Lord mankind manner means mind miracle nature necessary neighbour never object observe occasion offered ourselves pain pass peace perfect persons poor prayer present promised prophet reason receive religion repentance salvation Saviour Scripture SERMON shew single sins sorrow souls speak Spirit sufferings SUNDAY suppose sure things thoughts tion true truth unto weakness whole wicked
77. oldal - Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself except it abide in the vine, no more can ye except ye abide in Me. I am the Vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in Me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit. For without Me ye can do nothing.
x. oldal - And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said : Take, eat : this is My Body. And He took the Cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them : and they all drank of it. And He said unto them : This is My Blood of the New Testament, which is shed for many. Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the Kingdom of God.
246. oldal - I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last. I am he that liveth and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
221. oldal - Yet ye have not known him : but I know him : and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you : but I know him, and keep his saying. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day : and he saw it, and was glad.
298. oldal - And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: and they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun ; for the Lord God giveth them light : and they shall reign for ever and ever.
140. oldal - Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
305. oldal - Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath : for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
273. oldal - And command thou the people, saying, Ye are to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore...
vii. oldal - Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts : and then shall every man have praise of God.