Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
animal appeared attention beautiful become body called character common contains continued correspondent death dress EDITOR effect equal excellent eyes fact fair feel feet four friends give given hand head heart History hope hour human interesting kind lady land late learned leave less letter light lines Liverpool living London look manner matter means mind Miss morning nature never night notice object observed once opinion original passed perhaps person picture piece possession present printed produced readers reason received remains remarks respect round seemed seen side soon thee thing thought tion turn whole wish write young
206. oldal - gainst that season comes Wherein our Saviour's birth is celebrated, The bird of dawning singeth all night long : And then, they say, no spirit dares stir abroad; The nights are wholesome ; then no planets strike, No fairy takes, nor witch hath power to charm, So hallow'd and so gracious is the time.
128. oldal - If Caesar carelessly but nod on him. He had a fever when he was in Spain, And when the fit was on him, I did mark...
207. oldal - Berkshire, •This modest stone, what few vain marbles can, May truly say, Here lies an honest man : A poet, blest beyond the poet's fate, Whom Heaven kept sacred from the Proud and Great : Foe to loud praise, and friend to learned ease, Content with science in the vale of peace. Calmly he look'd on either life ; and here Saw nothing to regret, or there to fear ; From Nature's temperate feast rose satisfied, Thank'd Heaven that he had liv'd, and that he died.
35. oldal - ... which they have previously emptied, stop up the hole, and put it under a sitting fowl. At the expiration of a certain number of days, they break the shell in water warmed by the sun. The young fry are presently...
140. oldal - alone ?" Quite unbefriended — all unknown ? And hast thou then his name forgot Who form'd thy frame, and fix'd thy lot ? Is not his voice in evening's gale ? Beams not with him the
207. oldal - Unblam'd through life, lamented in thy end, These are thy honours ! not that here thy bust Is mix'd with heroes, or with kings thy dust ; But that the worthy and the good shall say, Striking their pensive bosoms — Here lies GAY...
1. oldal - ... in a Greenland ship that summer) told him, that their ship went not out to fish that summer, but only to take in the lading of the whole fleet, to bring it to an early market, But, said he, before the fleet had caught fish enough to lade us, we, by order of the Greenland Company, sailed unto the north pole and came back again.
198. oldal - I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano ; A stage, where every man must play a part, And mine a sad one.
90. oldal - in some places, an image apparelled in great finery, crowned with flowers, a sheaf of corn placed under her arm, and a scycle in her hand, carried out of the village in the morning of the conclusive reaping day, with music and much clamour of the reapers, into the field, where it stands fixed on a pole all day, and when the reaping is done, is brought home in like manner. This they call the harvest queen, and it represents the Roman Ceres.