Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Alban's allusion appearance attend Bazaar Beauclerc beautiful believe bring called CANTO carriage cause close common Coutts daughter delight door doubt Duchess Duchess of St Duke exclaimed eyes face fact fair fashion feel female figure gave girl give given grace ground hand Harriet head heard honour hope interesting John justice keep king knowledge Lady late laugh least less Line London Lord male manner married meet Mellon Memoirs mind Miss Morning mother nature never NOTES observed obtained occasion party person poets Post practice present Press Prince prove Queen rank refer rich royal seems shilling soon splendid standing story Street sure taste thing thou thought took tree unto vice visitor wife wish young
41. oldal - And Absalom said unto him, See, thy matters are good and right ; but there is no man deputed of the king to hear thee. Absalom said moreover, Oh that I were made judge in the land, that every man which hath any suit or cause might come unto me, and I would do him justice...
57. oldal - For as in the days that were before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying, and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and knew not, until the flood came, and took them all away ; so shall also ' the coming of the Son of man be.
57. oldal - Likewise also, as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; but the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
23. oldal - Yet shun their fault, who, scandalously nice, Will needs mistake an author into vice. All seems infected that the infected spy, As all looks yellow to the jaundiced eye.
24. oldal - Unto the pure all things are pure : but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure ; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
42. oldal - And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age.
59. oldal - Tis from high life high characters are drawn ; A saint in crape is twice a saint in lawn : A judge is just, a chancellor juster still ; A gownman learn'd ; a bishop what you will ; Wise if a minister ; but if a king, More wise, more learn'd, more just, more every thing. Court-virtues bear, like gems, the highest rate, Born where Heaven's influence scarce can penetrate.
39. oldal - Seldom at council, never in a war: Jilts rul'd the state, and statesmen farces writ; Nay wits had pensions, and young Lords had wit: The Fair sate panting at a Courtier's play, And not a Mask went unimprov'd away: The modest fan was lifted up no more, And Virgins smil'd at what they blush'd before.
41. oldal - And Absalom rose up early, and stood beside the way of the gate : and it was so, that when any man that had a controversy came to the king for judgment, then Absalom called unto him, and said, Of what city art thou? And he said, Thy servant is of one of the tribes of Israel.
58. oldal - Ah little think the gay licentious proud, Whom pleasure, power, and affluence surround; They, who their thoughtless hours in giddy mirth, And wanton, often cruel, riot waste; Ah little think they, while they dance along, How many feel, this very moment, death And all the sad variety of pain.