Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able animals appearance attend believe blessed body bring called cause child Christ Christian Church comfort consider continue Cottager's Monthly Visitor danger Deaf death desire Dumb duty Editor Extracts eyes faith father fear feel fire give given grace hand happy hear heart holy hope instruction keep kind King lead leave letter light live look Lord manner means mind never parents perhaps person poor pray prayer present promise received rest round Scripture seemed sent servant shew short sins soon soul spirit sure taken teach tell thee things thou thought tion tree true truth turn wish write young
407. oldal - WE receive this child into the congregation of Christ's flock, * and do sign him with the sign of the cross, in token that hereafter he shall not be ashamed to confess the faith of Christ crucified, and manfully to fight under his banner, against sin, the world, and the Devil, and to continue Christ's faithful soldier and servant unto his life's end.
406. oldal - Christ saith, none can enter into the kingdom of God, except he be regenerate and born anew of Water and of the Holy Ghost...
425. oldal - Father; we have erred, and strayed from thy ways like lost sheep. We have followed too much the devices and desires of our own hearts. We have offended against thy holy laws. We have left undone those things which we ought to have done; and we have done those things which we ought not to have done; and there is no health in us.
450. oldal - Lord: 15 looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; " lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. " For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
112. oldal - But this I say, brethren, the time is short. It remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; and they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; and they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.
163. oldal - Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; * but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
262. oldal - Pharaoh, The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years ; few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers, in the days of their pilgrimage.
402. oldal - I was made a member of Christ, a child of God, and an inheritor of the kingdom of heaven.