Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Africa Agent American amount arrived attended become blessings brought called Cape carry cause chief Christian Church civilization coast Colonization Society colored Committee continued cotton death desire doubt duty emigrants existence fact favor feel four friends give Government hand hope human hundred important increase influence interest interior John journey labor land letter Liberia live March means meeting miles mission missionary Monrovia months native negroes never object officers passed persons population port present President Providence reached received Republic respect river Secretary seemed sent ship slave slave trade soon South station success taken things thousand tion town trade tribes United vessel West whole York
222. oldal - He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother, is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
103. oldal - I say the truth in Christ; I lie not, (my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,) that I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh...
102. oldal - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ : for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth ; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
366. oldal - We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed ; we are perplexed, but not in despair ; persecuted, but not forsaken ; cast down, but not destroyed; always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live, are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
103. oldal - For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh : who are Israelites ; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises ; whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
222. oldal - Remember the word that I said unto you, the servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you : if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
154. oldal - So live, that when thy summons comes to join The innumerable caravan that moves To the pale realms of shade, where each shall take His chamber in the silent halls of death, Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night, Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.
371. oldal - If it be said that the only legitimate object of acquiring territory is to furnish homes for white men, this measure effects that object; for the emigration of colored men leaves additional -room for white men remaining or coming here.