Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according administration Affairs amount annual appointed army Austria average born Britain British budget called census cent Chamber Chamber of Deputies Church civil Colonies Commerce consists Constitution Council Crown dated daughter debt December departments divided Duke eight elected Emperor empire England English establishment estimates expenditure exports Finance five florins Foreign four France Germany gives Government guns House Imperial imports income increase inhabitants interest Ireland iron Italy July June King land latter loan London March married military millions Minister Ministry namely navy nearly nominated officers Parliament period persons population possessions present President Prince Princess principal produce provinces railways Reigning Reports representatives returns revenue Roman Catholic roubles royal Russia schools Secretary Senate ships sovereign square miles thalers tons Total towns Trade United Kingdom vessels vote whole
523. oldal - Measures; 6 To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States; 7 To establish Post Offices and post Roads ; 8 To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries ; 9 To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court.
189. oldal - Parliament is summoned by the writ of the sovereign issued out of Chancery, by advice of the Privy Council, at least thirty-five days previous to its assembling. On a vacancy occurring whilst Parliament is sitting, a writ for the election of a new member is issued upon motion in the House. If the vacancy occurs during the recess, the writ is issued at the instance of the Speaker.
189. oldal - It hath sovereign and uncontrollable authority in the making, confirming, enlarging, restraining, abrogating, repealing, reviving, and expounding of laws concerning matters of all possible denominations, ecclesiastical or temporal, civil, military, maritime, or criminal: this being the place where that absolute despotic power, which must in all governments reside somewhere, is entrusted by the constitution of these kingdoms.
523. oldal - The Congress shall have Power 1 To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States...
258. oldal - The Boule must meet annually for not less than three, nor more than six months. No sitting is valid unless at least one-half of the members of the Assembly are present, and no bill can pass into law without an absolute majority of members. Every measure, before being adopted, must be discussed and voted, article by article, thrice, and on three separate days. But the Legislative Assembly has no power to alter the Constitution itself; particular provisions may be reviewed after the lapse of ten years,...
518. oldal - The President is commander-in-chief of the army and navy, and of the militia in the service of the Union.
523. oldal - States: 2. To borrow money on the credit of the United States: 3. .To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes: 4. To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies, throughout the United States: 5.
192. oldal - As a Lodger has occupied in the same Borough separately and as sole Tenant for the Twelve Months preceding the last Day of July in any Year the same Lodgings, such Lodgings being Part of one and the same Dwelling House, and of a clear yearly Value, if let unfurnished, of Ten Pounds or upwards; and 3.
258. oldal - It vests the whole legislative power in a single chamber of representatives, called the Boule, elected by manhood suffrage for the term of four years. The elections take place by ballot, and each candidate must be put in nomination by the requisition of at least one-thirtieth of the voters of an electoral district. The...