Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according action admitted agent appears applied argument baptism become believe body called Carson cause character Christ Christian church common connection considered course death deny determines direct distinction divine doctrine Edwards effect entire event evidence existence expression fact faith Fathers feel fire give given ground hand happiness heart Holy human idea immersion important influence interest language latter living marriage means mind mode moral motive nature necessity never object opinion opposition original pass passage persons position preaching present principles probably produce prove purify question reader reason received reference regard relation religion religious remarks respect result Reviewer Roman says seems sense Society soul speak Spirit suppose thing thought tion true truth ultimate volition whole writer
144. oldal - And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD'S, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.
410. oldal - For books are not absolutely dead things, but do contain a potency of life in them to be as active as that soul was whose progeny they are ; nay, they do preserve as in a vial the purest efficacy and extraction of that living intellect that bred them.
179. oldal - And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.
190. oldal - Lest Satan should get an advantage of us : for we are not ignorant of his devices.
476. oldal - For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water, whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished; but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
389. oldal - It is come, I know not how, to be taken for granted by many persons, that Christianity is not so much as a subject of inquiry, but that it is now at length discovered to be fictitious.
74. oldal - Let not him that girdeth on his harness boast himself as he that putteth it off.
157. oldal - But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
362. oldal - Moreover I have given to thee one portion above thy brethren, which I took out of the hand of the Amorite with my sword and with my bow.