Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Admiralty Islands afforded amongst anchorage anchored appearance arrived beautiful Bermuda bottom bright building Cape Captain carried Challenger charming clear close coast colours consisting continued coral course covered depth direction distance dredging east entered extending fathoms feet fine flowers formed gardens giving Government hand harbour head height hills houses hundred important interest land leaving length light living miles morning mountain named natives nature nearly obtained officers ornaments party passed pleasant port present pretty reaching reefs remained residences rising roads rock round sail scene scenery seemed seen shell ship shore short showing side sight situated soon sounding specimens stay steam streets stretching success supply surrounded Sydney taken temperature town trees usually valley various vegetation vessel village weather wind wood
245. oldal - With a full View of the English-Dutch Struggle against Spain, and of the Origin and Destruction of the Spanish Armada. By JOHN LOTHBOP MOTLEY, LL.D., DCL Portraits.
245. oldal - SMILES'S HISTORY OF THE HUGUENOTS. The Huguenots : their Settlements, Churches, and Industries in England and Ireland. By SAMUEL SMILES. With an Appendix relating to the Huguenots in America. Crown 8vo, Cloth, $2 00. SMILES'S HUGUENOTS AFTER THE REVOCATION.
245. oldal - The Life and Death of John of Barneveld, Advocate of Holland: with a View of the Primary Causes and Movements of " The Thirty Years
242. oldal - BULWER'S HORACE. The Odes and Epodes of Horace. A Metrical Translation into English. With Introduction and Commentaries. By LORD LYTTON.
246. oldal - HOMES WITHOUT HANDS; a Description of the Habitations of Animals, classed according to their Principle of Construction.
247. oldal - The Desert of the Exodus. Journeys on Foot in the Wilderness of the Forty Years' Wanderings, undertaken in connection with the Ordnance Survey of Sinai and the Palestine Exploration Fund. By EH PALMKB, MA, Lord Almoner's Professor of Arabic and Fellow of St.
246. oldal - SMILES'S HUGUENOTS AFTER THE REVOCATION. The Huguenots in France after the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes ; with a Visit to the Country of the Vaudois. By SAMUEL SMILES. Crown 8vo, Cloth, $2 00. SMILES'S LIFE OF THE STEPHENSONS.
244. oldal - JOHNSON'S COMPLETE WORKS. The Works of Samuel Johnson, LL.D. With an Essay on his Life and Genius, by ARTHUR MURPHY, Esq. Portrait of Johnson. 2 vols., Svo, Cloth, $4 00. KINGLAKE'S CRIMEAN WAR. The Invasion of the Crimea, and an Account of its Progress down to the Death of Lord Raglan.
247. oldal - MA, Lord Almoner's Professor of Arabic, and Fellow of St. John's College, Cambridge, With Maps and numerous Illustrations from Photographs and Drawings taken on the spot by the Sinai Survey Expedition and CF Tyrwhitt Drake.
244. oldal - LIVINGSTONE'S LAST JOURNALS. The Last Journals of David Livingstone, in Central Africa, from 1865 to his Death. Continued by a Narrative of his Last Moments and Sufferings, obtained from his Faithful Sen-ants Chuma and Susi. By HORACE WALLER, FRGS, Rector of Twywell, Northampton. With Portrait, Maps, and Illustrations.