Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
act of parliament affirmed alledged anent anno answer appears apud Attorney bailed bishop Book cause charge church command committed contempt council counsel court crime David Ramsay declared Defendant delivered depones deposition desire detained Dittay divers doth duplyed earl earl of Rothes Eliz England expressed felony give Habeas Corpus Haig hath honour house of commons imprisonment indictment infamous libel intention jesty Judges judgment justice Keeper king king's king's counsel King's-Bench kingdom libel liberty Lord Advocat lord Balmerino lord Rea lordships Magna Charta majesty majesty's mandatum mandatum domini regis marquis matter ment oath offence opinion pannel parlia party person Petition of Right precedents prerogative prince prison proceedings Prynn punishment quod Rea's realm reason rege remittitur reply saith scandalous sedition sent sheriff shewed sir John sovereign power speeches statute subjects supplication taken thereof thereupon thing tion treason unto warrant wherein whilk words writ
753. oldal - For the Lord GOD will help me; Therefore shall I not be confounded: Therefore have I set my face like a flint, And I know that I shall not be ashamed.
223. oldal - By pretext whereof some of Your Majesty's subjects have been by some of the said commissioners put to death, when and where, if, by the laws and statutes of the land, they had deserved death, by the same laws and statutes also they might, and by no other ought, to have been judged and executed.
221. oldal - England, it is declared and enacted, That no freeman may be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his freehold or liberties, or his free customs, or be outlawed or exiled, or in any manner destroyed, but by the lawful judgment of his peers, or by the law of the land.
221. oldal - Nevertheless, against the tenor of the said statutes, and other, the good laws and statutes of your realm to that end provided, divers of your subjects have of late been imprisoned without any cause...
825. oldal - I am persuaded his power and interest, at that time, was greater to do good or hurt than any man's in the kingdom, or than any man of his rank hath had in any time ; for his reputation of honesty was universal, and his affections seemed so publicly guided, that no corrupt or private ends could bias them.
221. oldal - Statutum de tallagio non concedendo, that no tallage or aid shall be laid or levied by the King or his heirs in this realm, without the good will and assent of the Archbishops, Bishops, Earls, Barons, Knights, Burgesses, and other the freemen of the commonalty of this realm...
223. oldal - Charter and other the laws and statutes of this your realm, no man ought to be adjudged to death; but by the laws established in this your realm, either by the customs of the same realm or by Acts of Parliament : and whereas no offender of what kind soever is exempted from the proceedings to be used, and punishments to be inflicted by the laws and statutes of this your realm: nevertheless of late...
221. oldal - ... your subjects have inherited this freedom, that they should not be compelled to contribute to any tax, tallage, aid or other like charge not set by common consent in parliament.
223. oldal - Seal have issued forth, by which certain persons have been assigned and appointed commissioners with power and authority to proceed within the land according to the justice of martial law...