Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
allowed ancient appears beautiful become believe brought called carried cause character Charles Christian church colonies common considerable considered containing continued Council course court direct doubt early effect employed England English equally established evidence exist expressed fact feelings French Gauden give given hand hope houses important improvement increased interest Italy kind King knowledge labour land language least less letters lived look Lord manner means mind moral nature never object observed occasion opinion original party passed perhaps period persons poor Pope possessed practice present principles probably produce question readers reason received remarkable respect says seems slaves society spirit supposed taken taste thing thought tion true truth vols whole wines wish writings
450. oldal - This is dispensed ; and what surmounts the reach Of human sense I shall delineate so, By likening spiritual to corporal forms, As may express them best ; though what if earth Be but the shadow of heaven, and things therein Each to other like, more than on earth is thought...
219. oldal - Whatever is great, desirable, or tremendous, is comprised in the name of the Supreme Being. Omnipotence cannot be exalted; Infinity cannot be amplified; Perfection cannot be improved.
442. oldal - O! why did God, Creator wise, that peopled highest heaven With spirits masculine, create at last This novelty on earth, this fair defect Of nature, and not fill the world at once With men, as angels, without feminine; Or find some other way to generate Mankind?
520. oldal - We cannot allow the colonies to check, or discourage in any degree, a traffic so beneficial to the nation.
218. oldal - I hear her in the tunefu' birds, I hear her charm the air: There's not a bonnie flower that springs By fountain, shaw, or green, There's not a bonnie bird that sings But minds me o
216. oldal - Like homely-featured night, of clustering gems ; A star or two, just twinkling on thy brow, Suffices thee ; save that the moon is thine No less than hers : not worn indeed on high With ostentatious pageantry, but set With modest grandeur in thy purple zone, Resplendent less, but of an ampler round.
220. oldal - The employments of pious meditation are Faith, Thanksgiving, Repentance, and Supplication. Faith, invariably uniform, cannot be invested by fancy with decorations. Thanksgiving, the most joyful of all holy effusions, yet addressed to a Being without passions, is confined to a few modes, and is to be felt, rather than expressed.
353. oldal - The Right Joyous and Pleasant History of the Feats, Gests and Prowesses of the Chevalier Bayard, the Good Knight without Fear and without Reproach . BY THE LOYAL SERVANT.