Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acid appear Author become believe body called cause character Christian Church circumstances combination common consequence considerable considered consists contains doctrine doubt duty effect English established evidence existence expression fact faith feelings France French give given hands heart hope human important influence instance interest Italy kind language late less letter light living Lord manner means mind ministers moral nature never Notes object observed occasion opinion original pass passage persons poem possess practical present Price principles probably produced Protestant prove published readers reason received regard relation religion religious remarks respect seems Society spirit sufficient term thing thought tion translation true truth volume whole writer
432. oldal - My Godfathers and Godmothers in my Baptism ; wherein I was made a member of Christ, the child of God, and an inheritor of the kingdom of heaven.
349. oldal - Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow ; which came up in a night, and perished in a night. And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than six score thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand, and also much cattle ?
564. oldal - A snake's small eye blinks dull and shy, And the lady's eyes they shrunk in her head, Each shrunk up to a serpent's eye, And with somewhat of malice, and more of dread, At Christabel she looked askance!
561. oldal - Is the night chilly and dark ? The night is chilly, but not dark. The thin gray cloud is spread on high, It covers but not hides the sky. The moon is behind, and at the full; And yet she looks both small and dull. The night ,is chill, the cloud is gray : "Tis a month before the month of May, And the Spring comes slowly up this way.
565. oldal - So deeply had she drunken in That look, those shrunken serpent eyes, That all her features were resigned To this sole image in her mind: And passively did imitate That look of dull and treacherous hate!
386. oldal - But if any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
267. oldal - Out upon Time! it will leave no more Of the things to come than the things before ! Out upon Time! who for ever will leave But enough of the past for the future to grieve...
426. oldal - they are made members of Christ, children of God, and inheritors of the Kingdom of Heaven...
561. oldal - The thin gray cloud is spread on high, It covers but not hides the sky. The moon is behind, and at the full; And yet she looks both small and dull. The night is chill, the cloud is gray: 'Tis a month before the month of May, And the Spring comes slowly up this way. The lovely lady, Christabel...