Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
120 Broadway action adopted Albany Albert amendment American appointed arbitration Arthur authority Bar Assn Bar Association Bldg Board Broad street Brooklyn Buffalo cause Cedar street Chairman Charles City Civil Code Committee Constitution COUNTY District duty Edward Elected Executive existing fact Frank Frederick George Harry Henry Honorary member important Italy James John Joint Joseph Judge judicial Justice Sup lawyers Legal legislative Legislature Liberty street Louis matter meeting motion Nassau street never party peace practice Practice Act present President Procedure proceedings profession proposed provisions question recommended Rector reference Reform regulate relating resolution respect Robert Rochester rules Samuel Second Smith suggestion Supreme Court Syracuse Thomas tion trial Troy United Utica Wall street Walter White William street York
98. oldal - To such a task we can dedicate our lives and our fortunes, everything that we are and everything that we have, with the pride of those who know that the day has come when America is privileged to spend her blood and her might for the principles that gave her birth and happiness and the peace which she has treasured. God helping her, she can do no other.
31. oldal - PUNCTUALITY AND EXPEDITION It is the duty of the lawyer not only to his client, but also to the courts and to the public to be punctual in attendance, and to be concise and direct in the trial and disposition of causes. 22. CANDOR AND FAIRNESS The conduct of the lawyer before the court and with other lawyers should be characterized by candor and fairness.
97. oldal - It is a distressing and oppressive duty, gentlemen of the Congress, which I have performed in thus addressing you. There are, it may be, many months of fiery trial and sacrifice ahead of us. It is a fearful thing to lead this great, peaceful people into war...
29. oldal - A lawyer should not in any way communicate upon the subject of controversy with a party represented by counsel; much less should he undertake to negotiate or compromise the matter with him, but should deal only with his counsel. It is incumbent upon the lawyer most particularly to avoid everything that may tend to mislead a party not represented by counsel, and he should not undertake to advise him as to the law.
28. oldal - It is unprofessional to represent conflicting interests, except by express consent of all concerned given after a full disclosure of the facts. Within the meaning of this canon, a lawyer represents conflicting interests when, in behalf of one client, it is his duty to contend for that which duty to another client requires him to oppose.
30. oldal - The office of attorney does not permit, much less does it demand of him for any client, violation of law or any manner of fraud or chicane. He must obey his own conscience, and not that of his client.
35. oldal - I will maintain the respect due to Courts of Justice and judicial officers; I will not counsel or maintain any suit or proceeding which shall appear to me to be unjust, nor any defense except such as I believe to be honestly debatable under the law of the land...
26. oldal - Bar against unjust criticism and clamor. Whenever there is proper ground for serious complaint of a judicial officer, it is the right and duty of the lawyer to submit his grievances to the proper authorities. In such cases, but not otherwise, such charges should be encouraged and the person making them should be protected.
34. oldal - Responsibility for Litigation. No lawyer is obliged to act either as adviser or advocate for every person who may wish to become his client. He has the right to decline employment.
536. oldal - All French territory should be freed and the invaded portions restored, and the wrong done to France by Prussia in 1871 in the matter of Alsace-Lorraine, which has unsettled the peace of the world for nearly fifty years, should be righted, in order that peace may once more be made secure in the interest of all.